Leeds United hooligans drag Derby County fan from train in attack

Comrade 86

Group of middle-aged melts drag a kid off a train for taunting them over the play-off win. Kid is beaten, punched to the floor and then kicked and stomped. Judge describes the attack as 'fairly sustained' yet hands down only suspended sentences. Fines of £300 to £500 but no mention of restitution to the victim. No mention of bans from attending games either - incident occurred after two separate matches. 

Justice served? Not even close IMO. 

Two of the absolute toilets shown below - Ian Greener aged 47 (left) and Dean Wilson aged 37 (right)

image.thumb.png.94fadd0e2568c7dc829b15512746e53d.png

Full article here: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/leeds-united-hooligans-drag-Derby-5882886

Valuable lesson learned for the teenager. 

Not for a second suggesting the beating was deserved, the men should be able to control themselves, however some of the kids today go around thinking they are untouchable, can say and do what they like.

My nephew is heading down the same path, not even left school and been arrested twice already, only a matter of time until he's too cocky towards someone he can't handle.

Anyone that points this out to him is weird and boring, they don't understand his "fam" will ride and die with him ?

28 minutes ago, David said:

Valuable lesson learned for the teenager. 

Not for a second suggesting the beating was deserved, the men should be able to control themselves, however some of the kids today go around thinking they are untouchable, can say and do what they like.

My nephew is heading down the same path, not even left school and been arrested twice already, only a matter of time until he's too cocky towards someone he can't handle.

Anyone that points this out to him is weird and boring, they don't understand his "fam" will ride and die with him ?

Interesting take on it bud, but I'll reserve my ire for a bunch of 40 somethings who are so ducking inadequate that they feel the need to stomp a 17 yea old kid for taking the mick out of them. Really not sure singing, 'where were you at Wembley' is remotely offensive anyway. I'd imagine these 'hard men' all have tiny little, poorly-functioning ****s.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Group of middle-aged melts drag a kid off a train for taunting them over the play-off win. Kid is beaten, punched to the floor and then kicked and stomped. Judge describes the attack as 'fairly sustained' yet hands down only suspended sentences. Fines of £300 to £500 but no mention of restitution to the victim. No mention of bans from attending games either - incident occurred after two separate matches. 

Two of the absolute toilets shown below - Ian Greener aged 47 (left) and Dean Wilson aged 37 (right)

Full article here: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/leeds-united-hooligans-drag-Derby-5882886

well this is odd.  some46 years ago coming back from Leeds, the 4 of us were attacked on the train whilst in the station.  We made out to be train spotters, god we were desperate.  They said they would wait until the train was moving then throw us off.  One of my mates broke and started screaming from the little window in the carriage, all hell broke loose, he got a knife in the back which fortunately went through his jacket and not him.  One of them was caught and sentenced to 1 year I remember his name but it is not one of those barstewards.

if you lived through those times you really didn't go looking for trouble and there is no thing as bantz.  Even now when I go to what is a much more safe environment for football the radar is on.

Edited by Spanish

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

well this is odd.  some46 years ago coming back from Leeds, the 4 of us were attacked on the train whilst in the station.  We made out to be train spotters, god we were desperate.  They said they would wait until the train was moving then throw us off.  One of my mates broke and started screaming from the little window in the carriage, all hell broke loose, he could a knife in the back which fortunately went through his jacket and not him.  One of them was caught and sentenced to 1 year I remember his name but it is not one of those barstewards.

if you lived through those times you really didn't go looking for trouble and there is no thing as bantz.  Even now when I go to what is a much more safe environment for football the radar is on.

Got stomped by a bunch of them while stewarding a Cup game when I was a kid. Not mad about Forest fans, nor Gooners for that matter, but I absolutely ducking hate Leeds.

All 3 got 3 year banning orders.

It says there were a group of supporters insulting each other .  Lesson 1.  Don't get involved if your not with a group you don't know, if it turns properly nasty you might be on your own.  Most upsetting thing that he was with a group of Derby supporters who let him get dragged of a train by one bloke. Bunch of fannys.  As for Leeds -3 on 1 - not surprised . **** *** supporters

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It says there were a group of supporters insulting each other .  Lesson 1.  Don't get involved if your not with a group you don't know, if it turns properly nasty you might be on your own.  Most upsetting thing that he was with a group of Derby supporters who let him get dragged of a train by one bloke. Bunch of fannys.  As for Leeds -3 on 1 - not surprised . **** *** supporters

not sure the newer generations had the 'up bringing' that we had to experience.  It is all very good until you meet this sort of trouble which I think in the main is quite rare thankfully.  I am sure we are no longer a warrior nation

It says they all got 3 year football banning orders. It also doesn't say that the kid was punched or beaten.

I do realise being kicked and stamped on, on the floor wouldn't have been much fun but the fact that there's no mention of injuries sustained suggests to me that there were none, serious at least.

I'm sure he got the scare of his life and if that means he won't be tempted do wind up drunk Leeds fans again, then that's a good thing. He's not a kid - he was 19.

The blokes have been found guilty and punished - which is also thoroughly deserved and a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

It says they all got 3 year football banning orders. It also doesn't say that the kid was punched or beaten.

I assume he was knocked to the floor before being stamped on though mate?!? That's the normal turn of events or are you suggesting it's more likely he threw himself at their feet? As for a 19 year old not being a kid, give over! 

Anyways, clearly it's just me that has a problem with this so I'll STFU.

To preface, the group who beat him up are absolute cowards, thugs, scrotes and *********.

But the Victim was 19 so not a kid. Absolutely doesn't deserve to be beaten up for what was essentially a wind up, but I would question his intelligence in expecting Leeds fans who'd been on the lash all day to take such a thing as "banter". Hopefully gets himself together, learns his lesson and is able to start going to games again. Think it's a bit late for the middle aged to learn their lessons.

Fines seem light but not sure of the details of injuries sustained etc and them being "provoked" will have been some mitigation I think. Surprised it was affray they got done for rather than some type of assault but again full details not known.

Finally, not really sure why Leeds went from Stoke to Leeds via Derby on the train. Surely you'd go via Manchester?

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

But the Victim was 19 so not a kid.

A family who witnessed the attack were quoted as having said, 'he's just a kid' so perhaps there's some validity to that? I know when my lad was 19 I still viewed him as a nipper and whilst I've had a few rows myself, young'uns were always an unforgiveable no-no and always will be. I was 11 stone wringing wet at 18. I'm 6' 2" and and over 240 lbs now which is a different kettle of fish in my book. There's fair fights, then there's the other kind.

Also, as someone else has pointed out, he was in a group so I'm very surprised this was tolerated by the others, but maybe they were younger too, who knows?

22 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I assume he was knocked to the floor before being stamped on though mate?!? That's the normal turn of events or are you suggesting it's more likely he threw himself at their feet? As for a 19 year old not being a kid, give over! 

Dunno. A 19 year old me would have been poo scared once I'd been dragged off the train, so likely to adopt the curled up on the floor position he did. But then a 19 year old me wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

22 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Anyways, clearly it's just me that has a problem with this so I'll STFU.

Yeah, I feel like I'm defending the attackers which I'm obviously not. The statement that it was "fairly sustained" though, along with no mention of injuries - and the fact that it was an affray charge, rather than assault, suggests that it was a relatively minor fracas between drunk fans. Justice has been done, IMO.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Dunno. A 19 year old me would have been poo scared once I'd been dragged off the train, so likely to adopt the curled up on the floor position he did. But then a 19 year old me wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

Yeah, I feel like I'm defending the attackers which I'm obviously not. The statement that it was "fairly sustained" though, along with no mention of injuries - and the fact that it was an affray charge, rather than assault, suggests that it was a relatively minor fracas between drunk fans. Justice has been done, IMO.

At 19 and given any chance, I dare say you could have been off on your toes bud. Those fat ducks would never have caught you ?