Question on getting a parking ticket

Bob The Badger

On 07/09/2021 at 16:36, BucksRam said:

To be fair to them @Bob The Badger, officially your wife was in the wrong, but I would still appeal on the basis of good faith, i.e. she did pay via the app and made a genuine error, (the app shows your car as in Truro at a given time therefore evidence it must have been a mistake otherwise how would she have got a ticket somewhere else? Her car can't have been in two places at once).  You then have to hope they have morals and are customer-centric, but where parking fines are concerned this is usually pretty rare as it's all about the take. 

As an aside, I used to use a parking app but have stopped doing so as they often charge an "admin" fee on top of the parking amount.  Most parking machines are contactless these days anyway so I just use my phone.  I'd only use the app as a last resort.  But then in principle I don't like to pay more than I should. 

That not quite true some are coins also what wrong by paying cash.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

That not quite true some are coins also what wrong by paying cash.

True some are still cash and absolutely nowt wrong with paying that way.  But a lot are now card, more and more in fact.  Personally I don't carry much shrapnel these days.  

• 1 month later...
On 14/09/2021 at 00:56, BucksRam said:

True some are still cash and absolutely nowt wrong with paying that way.  But a lot are now card, more and more in fact.  Personally I don't carry much shrapnel these days.  

I always have £15 in one pound coins in my car stashed in a bag always comes in handy.