We must stand togather as one

B4ev6is

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I think he's poo-stirring. One of his tweets says 'because you asked'. I think we're still arguing with the EFL about an acceptable amortisation policy. Where's our £30m gone too?!

Yep, used to respect the guy but these days rather less so. I can see this ending up in court. Not convinced Mel is prepared to give an inch. Was it ever revealed where the extra £30 mill came from? It's not like you could briefly lose it down the back of the sofa.

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yep, used to respect the guy but these days rather less so. I can see this ending up in court. Not convinced Mel is prepared to give an inch. Was it ever revealed where the extra £30 mill came from? It's not like you could briefly lose it down the back of the sofa.

I don't think Percy is the type to poo stir, unlike Nixon.

I suspect he's got a decent grasp of what's been proposed, and it's probably come from within the club, rather than the EFL.

It could be us setting the expectation of a lengthy legal battle ahead, or us pushing a worse case scenario so when we get a much lesser punishment the fanbase accept it and move on.

If I was Mel, I'd go nuclear on their asses.

Threaten to tie them up in expensive litigation for years by employing a massive team of lawyers, and pursue all costs and exemplary damages for loss of reputation and inhibiting our ability to trade.

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

I don't think Percy is the type to poo stir, unlike Nixon.

I suspect he's got a decent grasp of what's been proposed, and it's probably come from within the club, rather than the EFL.

It could be us setting the expectation of a lengthy legal battle ahead, or us pushing a worse case scenario so when we get a much lesser punishment the fanbase accept it and move on.

If I was Mel, I'd go nuclear on their asses.

Threaten to tie them up in expensive litigation for years by employing a massive team of lawyers, and pursue all costs and exemplary damages for loss of reputation and inhibiting our ability to trade.

Really? Not looked so smart after looking daft over the take-over details, fed to him by the club?

Why would he have any love for us? What makes you think he has any more details than what can be extrapolated from the EFL embargo charges?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? Not looked so smart after looking daft over the take-over details, fed to him by the club?

Why would he have any love for us? What makes you think he has any more details than what can be extrapolated from the EFL embargo charges?

He's the Midlands football correspondent for one of the few National titles left.

That doesn't mean he has love for us, but he's a national journalist of decent reputation, which isn't diminished just because one story didn't pan out.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

He's the Midlands football correspondent for one of the few National titles left.

That doesn't mean he has love for us, but he's a national journalist of decent reputation, which isn't diminished just because one story didn't pan out.

And so he can say non-descript stuff that no-one challenges? What are the financial breaches he talks about? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's been asked. No answer. How would you know, guess like others do! ?

Tbh Roy, I think John Percy is a fine journalist, and on balance I think what he writes, tweets or posts is worthy of consideration.

Not acceptance, not gospel, but consideration.