Club comms

Spanish

I’ve not quite caught up in this thread yet, with another 5 pages to go, but I can’t help thinking that now wasn’t the best time to ditch the u12 freebies, rehash the whole seat categories, and whatever other changes they have brought in. 
It seems that the reputed limited staff numbers, on reputed limited hours, have all on dealing with difficulties and/or enquiries relating to the numerous refunds, discounts etc, some dating back to pre and/or early COVID (spring 2020/Millwall away etc?). 

I suspect those that are working are under pressure, and quite possibly dreading the doors opening again to walk-ins!

When the doors do open again, I’d like to think folk will consider this little offering that I spotted on a blackboard outside a village pub yesterday…

”The world is currently understaffed. Please be kind to those that bothered to turn up”!

Whatever the problems, and whatever the cause, remember that if there is blame to be meted out, it needs to go higher than the front line workers. 

Now, I really must catch up on this thread to the end…

Edit:

And as for SLO’s “taking a few days off during the international break”, one would imagine if they can navigate themselves through the Twitter maze, a simple “Out of office” auto email response would not be beyond them?  Even I can manage the latter!  

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This is one of our longest stints or even the longest stint we’ve had in the second tier in our history. If it isn’t the longest then it’s second only to the 1950s/1960s. We’ve only been in the third division 5 seasons in our entire history.

I would say we are underperforming.

The issue is we are underperforming at the worst possible time as the last 10 years has seen huge money roll into the top division that is being unfairly distributed, therefore this 10 years might reset the status quo for the future of Football, and clubs like Burnley Brighton Watford Norwich Fulham Bournemouth Palace Brentford regularly compete for the Premier League and we become irrelevant as regards the top level.

Not for the first time either. We were the first club to suggest shirt sponsorship, but the idea was thrown out by the FL. When they finally agreed to it we were on our way down from the old second division.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

We've under-performed for all but 10 years of our entire history. I would put us on a par, entire history-wise, with Bolton, Burnley, Portsmouth and Preston.

You're not to far out there fella, Arsenal would i'd have thought be seen as a very big club, Spent circa £150million and sit propping up the Prem.

What constitues a big club?, Crowd size, Income, Stadia, Manager, Players, Sky TV profile, Constant Euro qualification, Are Leicester over achieving? not in my opinion, They are there on merit(except for their scullduggery a few years back)Wolves, Burnley Southampton also, The Sunderlands, Ipswiches and Boltons of this world are where they should be, Badly run, Employing poor players and managers, Which equates to a loss of revenue and support.

At the end of a season teams deserve to be where they finish, And deserve to be where they start a new season, We're a football club just the same as other football clubs...it's all in the mind of how BIG supporters think their clubs are.

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You're not to far out there fella, Arsenal would i'd have thought be seen as a very big club, Spent circa £150million and sit propping up the Prem.

What constitues a big club?, Crowd size, Income, Stadia, Manager, Players, Sky TV profile, Constant Euro qualification, Are Leicester over achieving? not in my opinion, They are there on merit(except for their scullduggery a few years back)Wolves, Burnley Southampton also, The Sunderlands, Ipswiches and Boltons of this world are where they should be, Badly run, Employing poor players and managers, Which equates to a loss of revenue and support.

At the end of a season teams deserve to be where they finish, And deserve to be where they start a new season, We're a football club just the same as other football clubs...it's all in the mind of how BIG supporters think their clubs are.

As stated earlier in the thread. If size is based on league standing we are 16th in England based on the all time record. 

58 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I think there used to be a close correlation between crowd size and "big club".

Now the correlation is between rich owner and "big club". 

The world has changed, we haven't changed with it.

I'm sure some of it is serendipity though - Leicester springs to mind. I am sure the owner didn't have their heart set on owning that particular club. They were just available at the time. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think there used to be a close correlation between crowd size and "big club".

Now the correlation is between rich owner and "big club". 

The world has changed, we haven't changed with it.

I'm sure some of it is serendipity though - Leicester springs to mind. I am sure the owner didn't have their heart set on owning that particular club. They were just available at the time

The fans must wake up every Morning and pinch themselves just to make sure this is real, It shows that you can break the mould, Right owner, Right Manager, Right players and the right time, We just look back at the last few years and think "if only".

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The fans must wake up every Morning and pinch themselves just to make sure this is real, It shows that you can break the mould, Right owner, Right Manager, Right players and the right time, We just look back at the last few years and think "if only".

Yeah, I am good mates with a Leicester fan, who because he is a nice bloke, is almost embarrassed when chatting footy these days. It doesn't seem so long since we both used to sit there bemoaning our fates and now we have diverged horribly (for us!)

I'm pleased for him and other Leicester fans, who are just like us, really.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yeah, I am good mates with a Leicester fan, who because he is a nice bloke, is almost embarrassed when chatting footy these days. It doesn't seem so long since we both used to sit there bemoaning our fates and now we have diverged horribly (for us!)

I'm pleased for him and other Leicester fans, who are just like us, really.

I am mates with a Leicester fan too, he`s from Leicester.

He was a staunch Man U fan until about 5 years ago!!

MOTWYW

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As stated earlier in the thread. If size is based on league standing we are 16th in England based on the all time record. 

Would say size of club is mainly determined by crowd sizes. That’s the best indicator in my opinion. I have never thought of Derby as a big club (More medium sort of) although big for size of city compared to some others I think.. But it’s all relative. 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you determine what our level is in order to state whether we have under performed? 

Surely logic dictates that if 10 years of our 100 year history stand out as different to the rest, it would be more accurate to claim we have over performed for 10 years and the rest of the time we have found our level.

Under-performed relative to the insane ramblings of the "we're a big club" brigade.

Edited by Eddie

On 07/09/2021 at 09:21, Wolfie said:

That letter is probably the first time I've read anything from Ramstrust and not been annoyed by it.

Yes, can’t see the problem with their letter.

It’s hard to work out why the club is being so weird about comms. Dont think the EFl would stand in the way of a suitably worded statement designed to put the fans a bit more in the picture.  Maybe the EFl negotiations are so interlinked with a takeover that the buyers are requiring the club to say nothing? That would be an encouraging explanation ...

Edited by kevinhectoring

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s hard to work out why the club is being so weird about comms. Dont think the EFl would stand in the way of a suitably worded statement designed to put the fans a bit more in the picture.  Maybe the EFl negotiations are so interlinked with a takeover that the buyers are requiring the club to say nothing? That would be an encouraging explanation ...

Exactly.

I get that there will be several topics which are all subject to confidentiality or NDA's but the fact is that the club hasn't even come out & said that these things are all being worked on and progress is being made - but we can't go into any detail, unfortunately.

Disrespectful and arguably contemptuous behaviour from the club towards it's fans

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

i agree with everything youve said over the last couple of posts. just wanted to highlight were uv said right manager.. when leicester won the league, they did it in under claudio ranieri who when he took over from pearson was the favourite to be sacked first and take them down! he proved, me included, everyone wrong.

i still cant get my head round them winning the league but it just goes to show u what can happen when all the stars are aligned 

4 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

i agree with everything youve said over the last couple of posts. just wanted to highlight were uv said right manager.. when leicester won the league, they did it in under claudio ranieri who when he took over from pearson was the favourite to be sacked first and take them down! he proved, me included, everyone wrong.

i still cant get my head round them winning the league but it just goes to show u what can happen when all the stars are aligned 

Especially when Venus is just rising over Uranus

Is anyone really bothered if we’re a big club or not ? I’d just love to see us playing exciting attacking football, scoring goals, then now and again (1 in 15 years would be nice) winning the odd thing (league, a cup of some description, playoff etc etc). 

27 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Is anyone really bothered if we’re a big club or not ? I’d just love to see us playing exciting attacking football, scoring goals, then now and again (1 in 15 years would be nice) winning the odd thing (league, a cup of some description, playoff etc etc). 

4E3365A1-6A56-4184-872E-FBA6CFC441A8.jpeg