Club comms

Spanish

I don’t agree with the lack of transparency coming out of the club.

But let’s be honest, trust between the fans and the club is broken.

Would we even believe what the club has to say?

I know that if Stephen Pearce told me Ankara was the capital of Turkey, I would have to ask 100 Geography teachers just to be sure.

Edited by Jourdan

1 hour ago, rynny said:

What I don't understand is all but 1 of those questions were needed to be asked when the meeting was attended a few weeks ago. Were the questions asked and answered? What has changed since then? Why has it been released yesterday? Why not a week ago, whilst the window was still open, to get the answers when they were more appropriate to what was happening at the time? 

They say that people were stopped from doing their own write ups, yet they agreed to the single release with the other groups and that it was to be released by themselves, so haven't they stopped others from releasing the information? 

Sorry Angie to be using your post to quote. 

No problem. They might have been asked, they might have been answered. We don't know because the club never released the said notes, or approved other's notes to be released. 

It felt like things had moved on since the meeting, especially given the number of tweets from Nixon about discussions with the EFL progressing. I think fans thought we would hear something by deadline day (we didn't). The additional charge then being added to the EFL charge sheet a couple of days later seems to have sparked another wave of criticism across social media, and I think this might have prompted Rams Trust's latest letter. 

Maybe they were asked to be patient, but for how long? 

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I know that if Stephen Pearce told me Ankara was the capital of Turkey, I would have to ask 100 Geography teachers just to be sure.

An excuse to remember this:

But of course it's Ankara. Even Stephen Pearce is right twice a day.

34 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think I would be more worried if he had said he had paid for a holiday there.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You'll probably have to wait 48 hours for an answer, having been on holiday for 6 weeks I'd imagine they must be due some INSET days.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I think I would be more worried if he had said he had paid for a holiday there.

In fairness, if Mel Morris went to Turkey, chances are that he would get a bloke selling dodgy perfume out of a shopping cart and dress him up as a credible buyer to make us think a takeover was on the horizon.

I don't particularly mind Ramstrust sending this letter out. I wish they would have proof read it a bit more though. 

"We ask you to front up with fans and answer the following questions that concern the continued viability of the cub"

Just makes it feel a little amateur, especially with it getting some coverage from national reporters (such as Henry Winter).

2 hours ago, angieram said:

No problem. They might have been asked, they might have been answered. We don't know because the club never released the said notes, or approved other's notes to be released. 

It felt like things had moved on since the meeting, especially given the number of tweets from Nixon about discussions with the EFL progressing. I think fans thought we would hear something by deadline day (we didn't). The additional charge then being added to the EFL charge sheet a couple of days later seems to have sparked another wave of criticism across social media, and I think this might have prompted Rams Trust's latest letter. 

Maybe they were asked to be patient, but for how long? 

Exactly. They all seem completely fair questions (as does 'Have the accounts been filed?'). They all could be answered without 'prejudicing' any discussions with the EFL (whatever that is supposed to mean), or more to the point annoying the EFL. They are all things fans really, and not unreasonably, want to know. The club could quite easily have released notes from the meeting after thinking about their wording, and even running it by the EFL. I find it really hard to believe that the EFL have said 'Don't tell fans ANYTHING about ANY financial aspects of your operation or we will give you a harsher punishment than the facts of the case deserve'. That would be ridiculous, and probably illegal, and if they have said that then all football fans (and the government) should know. 

2 hours ago, DJAY said:

I don't particularly mind Ramstrust sending this letter out. I wish they would have proof read it a bit more though. 

"We ask you to front up with fans and answer the following questions that concern the continued viability of the cub"

Just makes it feel a little amateur, especially with it getting some coverage from national reporters (such as Henry Winter).

That's a proper bug bear of mine..

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

In fairness, if Mel Morris went to Turkey, chances are that he would get a bloke selling dodgy perfume out of a shopping cart and dress him up as a credible buyer to make us think a takeover was on the horizon.

He'd probably bump into Rooney for his next thatch instalment