Roony has to work with what he has got

B4ev6is

Well it looks like no new signing for Derby now so roony has to make do what he has got. And the young players going to have to step up we know we have talented young players and they need help take load of more experance players so maybe this to work maybe roony be could be coaching new formations to help combat teams in this division that will help maybe get some more points on the board.

He does. Currently the signs are positive that he can, even if it does feel a bit like being forced not to play CKR & Lawrence for a couple of games has been the making of us playing better football, or rather making the tactics work.

The tactics had a good base for success but not necessarily the way we played them against Huddersfield & the first half against Peterborough.

Who knows though, he was working on the assumption of a fit CKR meaning we couldn't bring Baldock in - if he'd been allowed both he may even have dropped CKR from the starting lineup. Can't quite use the same logic for Lawrence, who actually seems to fit the false 9 a little better than the no. 10 role he would have had behind CKR.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, Retro_RAM said:

I wish we could sign a few more but I'm liking that players are joining for the love of football and not for the love of a decent pay cheque.

Call me cynic but is it for the love of football or the fact there wasnt snything else available to them. And lets not forget that a mere 4.5 k per week is still more than 200k per year. That would do very nicely, thank you.

Finally, i  dont really buy the 4.5k per week tbh. Do they get a signing on fee, a golden handshake, a club ambassador role a la Bryson, a scouting report a la Claire Ince. When it comes to creative accounting we are Premier League

17 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Call me cynic but is it for the love of football or the fact there wasnt snything else available to them. And lets not forget that a mere 4.5 k per week is still more than 200k per year. That would do very nicely, thank you.

Finally, i  dont really buy the 4.5k per week tbh. Do they get a signing on fee, a golden handshake, a club ambassador role a la Bryson, a scouting report a la Claire Ince. When it comes to creative accounting we are Premier League

That's what's caused the problems.

To me it seems like MM is happy to have the embargo in place because people are blaming the EFL for the situation we are in which deflects attention away from himself. What is going to change when the embargo is eventually lifted because i can;t see anything. MM has said he is only going to put enough money in to keep the club ticking over and Rooney needs to use players from the academy,to me that doesn't sound like he is going to open his wallet to allow Rooney to bring free agents in. Yes he wants to sell the club which is roughly £50M in debt,is he going to pay the debt off himself or is he hoping that even if he sells the club for £1 the new owners will settle the debts which doesn't even include the ground ,why would they do that,that's not a viable proposition for prospective new owners. 

On 01/09/2021 at 23:53, atherstoneram said:

To me it seems like MM is happy to have the embargo in place because people are blaming the EFL for the situation we are in which deflects attention away from himself. What is going to change when the embargo is eventually lifted because i can;t see anything. MM has said he is only going to put enough money in to keep the club ticking over and Rooney needs to use players from the academy,to me that doesn't sound like he is going to open his wallet to allow Rooney to bring free agents in. Yes he wants to sell the club which is roughly £50M in debt,is he going to pay the debt off himself or is he hoping that even if he sells the club for £1 the new owners will settle the debts which doesn't even include the ground ,why would they do that,that's not a viable proposition for prospective new owners. 

What will help bring in new owners is the way Lads are playing and like you stated we have a good youth set up now but also need experance along side them.