What's the worst thing you've ever done

sage

Had an RTC on the M1 a few years ago, ran in to the back of (a very attractive) young woman in a BMW, absolutely my own fault. 

... caused entirely by my being on the phone. Selfishly lobbed the phone in the glove compartment before everything had even came to a standstill and blamed the incident on 'the traffic slowing quickly in front caught me out' (Friday afternoon, northbound!).

Whole incident made worse that the lass I was messaging was a F*rest supporter and I was rinsing her for the state of their club at the time!

4 hours ago, G_Kinkladze said:

Had an RTC on the M1 a few years ago, ran in to the back of (a very attractive) young woman in a BMW, absolutely my own fault. 

... caused entirely by my being on the phone. Selfishly lobbed the phone in the glove compartment before everything had even came to a standstill and blamed the incident on 'the traffic slowing quickly in front caught me out' (Friday afternoon, northbound!).

Whole incident made worse that the lass I was messaging was a F*rest supporter and I was rinsing her for the state of their club at the time!

Please tell us that you’re now happily married to the aforementioned hot BMW driver and have three children 

In the grand scheme of things It wasn’t that bad…but I felt awful doing It. 
I was applying for a new job, I have never done It before so felt bad enough as it was…. I sent off 2  applications to different companies, both really great fits for me, during the interview process I realised I liked the sound of one of the two jobs more than the other….of course I got offered the one I didn’t like as much…but It was still great so I took It….

on Day 2 of my new job after all the on boarding, meet and greets, free stuff handed out to me, tours of the facility, security clearance approval, free dinners etc etc I was offered the other job I applied for…. After a sleepless night I went to work and told them that I was quitting after 2 days….. felt terrible but to be fair they were totally fine with me, let me leave that afternoon and I haven’t looked back since  

short term pain long term gain  but I felt like the biggest poo in the world doing It  

I once pretended a relative had died so I could get the bereavement leave off for a stag do. 

I was 18 first ever job and knew I wouldn’t get it off as holiday as too many people were already off, didn’t want to lose out on 2 days wages so just phoned up and said an uncle had died… easiest 2 days wages I’ve ever made. 

Still with the company to this day and when my daughter was born ill they gave me 3 months off fully paid so I feel kinda bad about it. 

17 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I once pretended a relative had died so I could get the bereavement leave off for a stag do. 

I was 18 first ever job and knew I wouldn’t get it off as holiday as too many people were already off, didn’t want to lose out on 2 days wages so just phoned up and said an uncle had died… easiest 2 days wages I’ve ever made. 

Still with the company to this day and when my daughter was born ill they gave me 3 months off fully paid so I feel kinda bad about it. 

I'm just hoping none of your workmates are Derby fans bud ?

I've just clicked on "Mark Site Read", when the intention was to merely click the "Mark this Forum Read" (Specifically the Transfer forum, in this case).

I'm an intelligent guy, ffs.  How could I make such a catastrophic error!
I fear I may now never fully recover from this.