Safe Standing

therealhantsram

Good!

Not something I'd be directly interested in for myself nowadays, but having been brought up on the terraces, I can fully appreciate the attraction for younger/fitter fans, and I'm all for options and personal choice.

Sooner the better, I say!   ?

Let's be honest, it's a law that's been ignored for a while. Most stadiums have a stand where fans stand for 90 minutes, plus the away end.

Would be good to get the rail seats in though, just to lean on when you've drank too much pre match ?

I think what will happen is the people wanting to stand will outnumber the "safe" area so even more will start to stand in the "always seated" area and there will be ructions. I know several people who were South Standers and also went to away matches but no longer go because they can't sit during the match. 

At Derby I think it would be all South Stand plus a bit round to the East Stand that would have to be converted.

Can the cost be offset against FFP or whatever its called these days.

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I think what will happen is the people wanting to stand will outnumber the "safe" area so even more will start to stand in the "always seated" area and there will be ructions. I know several people who were South Standers and also went to away matches but no longer go because they can't sit during the match. 

At Derby I think it would be all South Stand plus a bit round to the East Stand that would have to be converted.

Can the cost be offset against FFP or whatever its called these days.

Easy solution - issue the stewards with cattle prods - anybody standing up (in any part of the ground other than desiganted safe standing) while the game is 'live' gets zapped. Forget all this namby pamby bull* - you can't teach some folk to do the right thing however much the do-gooders want you to try.....

28 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I have been to a bunch of games with safe standing railing installed, got to say, it’s pretty great, they even put up a shelf to lean on and stand your pint on…

We aren’t trusted to have a pint in the stands.  It’s not anything to do with trouble, it’s the idiots who think it’s great to throw a pint in the air when a goals scored.

Actually, we should be ok at PP ?

Slightly (massively) self congratulatory post this one, but great news.

Whilst it's been on the cards for a while, hats off to everyone over the years who has signed a petition, attended marches, gone to roadshows, written to MP's, contacted their clubs, held a banner, attended fora, or just ranted on the Internet about the hypocrisy of the soon to be previous law.

I have to say, I wasn't banking on a Tory government being the ones to enact the law change but fair's fair.

Having been involved in all of the above for over ten years I feel I must have contributed in some minor way to this change.  Feels pretty good.

Now, here's to getting equal treatment for away fans...