England WC Qualifiers

Van der MoodHoover

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Which then begs the question why do we not have enough midfielders or left backs that we have to play 3 right backs? 

It doesn't really beg the question. Alexander Arnold all but plays in midfield for Liverpool (as James has for Chelsea in the past).

Southgate trusts Trippier more than Chillwell, for example.

26 minutes ago, rynny said:

Just the 3 RBs included in the back 5 against the mighty Andorra today...

These are the sorts of fixtures we should be using to fix issues or explore new tactical options. 

Naturally, we have a tendency to play exactly the same way with probably 50%of the same players, and win 5-0 or thereabouts.... 

....and learn nothing. 

I’m sure Henderson adds something to the team - but when they’re trying to play quick passes with lots of movement, the bloke just seems to get in the way….as for Bamford, he may well get a goal against a truly awful Andorra team, but he looks like a bloke that won the raffle to play for England rather than a top striker…

Edited by Gaspode

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Encourage their players forward so we can break and score.

Anyway, looking a bit more respectable now we've got the A team on.

It's been a fairly turgid affair. Andorra are surprisingly dirty. 

Lingard seems to be back in the fold. Southgate getting the 2018 gang back together? Watch out for dier and Alli popping up soon. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

I want to give Sam Matterface a hug.

He's trending on twitter again getting all kinds of dogs abuse for his commentary, is he really that bad? Feels like whoever is in the booth gets hammered for not being the voice they want to hear. 

ITV have considerably worse than him but he’s not great - to be fair I’m not sure there are any really good TV commentators anymore - they all seem far too keen to talk nonstop….

29 minutes ago, David said:

I want to give Sam Matterface a hug.

He's trending on twitter again getting all kinds of dogs abuse for his commentary, is he really that bad? Feels like whoever is in the booth gets hammered for not being the voice they want to hear. 

He's fine. I don't hear anything from him that marks him out as terrible. It's a Twitter thing, isn't it? People think they're clever because they can insult someone from afar.

If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all - just put it on Twitter.

Jozwiak starting for Poland

Of course wishing him the best, as I'm far greater a Derby fan than an England one.

But I've read a lot in the past amongst Derby fans about him always playing well for Poland? But a quick search of his name on Twitter and the "translate" function indicates that Polish fans are not very happy with him.

Apparently he "can't defend"??? Wouldn't know anything about that I'm afraid... ?

Just for info as well, I'm not posting this to lay into Kamil. I like the kid and hope he succeeds here and for his country. And I also think he's starting to look like he is improving for us in our last few games.

Just think it is useful to gauge what opinion is of him in the national side.

18 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Just for info as well, I'm not posting this to lay into Kamil. I like the kid and hope he succeeds here and for his country. And I also think he's starting to look like he is improving for us in our last few games.

Just think it is useful to gauge what opinion is of him in the national side.

...and to be fair, those comments are just about his defending, playing as a wing back and the 'sousa out' isn't a reflection on Jozwiak being selected - he's just not been a popular appointment and seems to be taking them backwards.

Jozwiak played better for Poland under their previous manager who, as far as I'm aware, never shoved him out there as a RWB.

Edited by Coconut's Beard