England WC Qualifiers

Van der MoodHoover

Squad announced for the upcoming games v Hungary Andorra and Poland. 

Bamford called up, lingard and TAA return. No other changes so looks like we will continue with rice, phillips and Henderson in the prized position of "running around near the central defenders". 

Bamford being reported as a "mobile powerful addition" ?

Obviously of most interest to us will be the Poland game if Joz gets a run out. 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

2 tricky ones and one you should be targeting a win from. 

Yes, Moldover is going to be very tricky. The Scotland downfall of "oh it's some wee diddy team who used to be communist, we'll beat them easy" before losing to them has been a thing for the last thrity years of Scottish football. Don't think we'll beat Denmark, they're a level above where Scotland are at. Would hope for a decent performance against austria, but wouldn't be surprised if we lose that one as well.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, Moldover is going to be very tricky. The Scotland downfall of "oh it's some wee diddy team who used to be communist, we'll beat them easy" before losing to them has been a thing for the last thrity years of Scottish football. Don't think we'll beat Denmark, they're a level above where Scotland are at. Would hope for a decent performance against austria, but wouldn't be surprised if we lose that one as well.

Going up to Hampden Park for the Denmark game in November as a birthday treat for my other half who is Danish, it'll be good to be supporting the same country for once!

4 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Going up to Hampden Park for the Denmark game in November as a birthday treat for my other half who is Danish, it'll be good to be supporting the same country for once!

I'm going up for that match as well, plus Moldova next Saturday.

Let me know if you need any Pub recommendations. 

22 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Thanks, always useful to have local info. What's the Bon Accord like? I understand Danish fans are meeting there this Wednesday.

Brilliant for Whisky ?.  It would be a long walk to Hampden though....... 

For Scotland/ Aberdeen games in Glasgow I stay in the Ibis Styles on Waterloo Street, relatively new hotel which is handy for Central station. The Rhoderick Dhu and Admiral bar are good pubs nearby. 

The local insider on Glasgow is @RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Brilliant for Whisky ?.  It would be a long walk to Hampden though....... 

For Scotland/ Aberdeen games in Glasgow I stay in the Ibis Styles on Waterloo Street, relatively new hotel which is handy for Central station. The Rhoderick Dhu and Admiral bar are good pubs nearby. 

The local insider on Glasgow is @RadioactiveWaste

Unfortunately, not much of a drinker these days, so no good idea about the pubs TBH.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

One way traffic though.. We will probably lose 1-0..

Hungary seem happy for it to be one way. Think they’re waiting for us to make mistakes. See if they’re this compact when they get tired. All a bit slow.

9 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

2-0 up thanks to Kane and the commentator says that 3 points for England

With 30 minutes to go ??

His optimism was probably vindicated 5 minutes later when the third went in, but yes, 2-0 something something dangerous something.