Football Fines - Out of touch with the modern game?

cheron85

I was thinking about this in reference to the article below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58330306

Peterborough United and Cardiff City fined £5,000 each by FA after melee

£5k doesn't seem like an awful lot of money in the context of modern football finance - That would be a token contribution/fine from each players wages for a single week - For actions which the FA are hoping to stamp out

So what hope does the game have of reducing the daft posturing and scrapping - Which is a bad thing for youngsters playing the game to see and emulate - When the fines seem barely enough to make clubs/players think twice about their on pitch actions?

In my opinion these fines are pointless and if the EFL really want to stop such behaviour then they should either ban all players involved for a few games or deduct points from the clubs as they say it's the clubs fault for not controlling their players. Either option would stand a better chance of success than a minimal fine. 

On 25/08/2021 at 11:55, cheron85 said:

I was thinking about this in reference to the article below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58330306

Peterborough United and Cardiff City fined £5,000 each by FA after melee

£5k doesn't seem like an awful lot of money in the context of modern football finance - That would be a token contribution/fine from each players wages for a single week - For actions which the FA are hoping to stamp out

So what hope does the game have of reducing the daft posturing and scrapping - Which is a bad thing for youngsters playing the game to see and emulate - When the fines seem barely enough to make clubs/players think twice about their on pitch actions?

I don’t think they should be fined at all, it’s an entertainment industry and a good brawl is entertaining. I love it when it happens, the crowd gets going and the atmosphere turns up a notch. I don’t see anything wrong with it. As for all this it’s a bad thing for youngsters, what a load of snowflake tosh.