Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Imagine this Rooney team with 18/19 Keogh and Tomori ?

I think that's been one of the few things missing a little this half, we've not been super comfortable playing our way out from the back. With one of Keogh or Tomori we'd likely be completely dominant here or perhaps even with Bielik back in midfield.

Front 4 is still in its infancy but it looks fluid and bright. Think we'd be better with Sibley and Jozwiak swapped as both seem less comfortable on their "true" sides rather than inverted. 

Just need to tighten up a little bit playing our way out and make the most of chances going forwards. 

Well we've been far the better side, happy with what I've seen so far.

We got a bit fortunate early on with the Forsyth stamp. Whether that was intentional or not, if we had VAR he would be off. We then got lucky again with Jags' short pass which Lyle Taylor just passed back to Roos who was out of his goal.

But since the goal, we've controlled this game. They look really poor, and we should have more than a one-goal lead. The final ball or final decision to play the ball is still lacking a bit, if we had a little more composure I think we'd have created the chances that could have had us another one or two goals. We then have the stonewall penalty where it's apparently ok to hit the ball away just above your elbow, as long as you 'disguise' it with a fall.

The only concern I have from this half is that we should be more than one up, and I'm worried that not capitalising on it may come back to bite us. Can Forest really be that bad again in the second half? If they are, then it's bye bye Chris Hughton.

We don’t get the big calls against Forest do we? In recent years we’ve had two blatant penalties not given (Lampard season + this one), the Bradley Johnson goal which was deemed a foul and the Kamil Jozwiak offside decision.

Derby haven’t done much, but we deservedly lead. Forest have been awful.

That Craig Forsyth pass was up there with Chris Baird’s for Tom Ince. Brilliant.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You're probably right. I thought Forsyth's  stamp where it hurts was accidental but my old men reckons deliberate. I'd like to see the "foul" on Sibley again not given. Worrall's is a VAR pen all day long.

To me Fozzy just looked like he stepped on because he was off balance. Maybe you can argue for a foul and yellow but it didn't look particularly deliberate to me.

Almost a brilliant first half performance.

After riding our luck a couple of times from misplaced passes from Jags and Davies, we gained complete control of the game and went ahead courtesy of a devastating counter attack.

Cracking finish from Lawrence, assisted by Fozzy, who on another day probably sees red for the stamp on Zinckernagel.

Decision making in the final 3rd has been questionable at times, but you have to feel more chances are there for us if we want them. Forest are a wounded animal and it’s pivotal we take advantage of that in the 2nd half.

Good half. Lawrence playing very well and the front four interchanging well. Morrison has shown some nice touches but seems a bit peripheral. 

Forest came out with the right tactics to counter our system but a mixture of their own ineptitude and Bird and Shinnie shutting down the freedom in the channels that Forest were trying to hit early has pushed them back and given us control of the game.