The Chris Coles appreciation thread.

Rev

What a difference this fella makes to listening on the radio.

Finally, a commentary that provides a decent picture in your mind of where the ball is on the pitch, what the level of threat is at that moment, and doesn't leave you fearing every single moment your team isn't in possession.

Vast improvement on Ed Dawes, imo.

Just now, Rev said:

Finally, a commentary that provides a decent picture in your mind of where the ball is on the pitch, what the level of threat is at that moment, and doesn't leave you fearing every single moment your team isn't in possession.

Bugger I'd have paid a fiver if I'd realised it wasn't Dawes.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

White noise would be an improvement on Dawes but yes Coles is good. 

3 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Chris Coles has been a great addition to the RD team over the last few years. The comments about Ed Dawes is harsh, his passion and love for the club come through in his commentary which I like.

I want to know what is happening not what crap he thinks about the game or the club. It's not the Ed Dawes show but he thinks it is. He's boring with it too.

Chris Coles is a brilliant presenter. Love listening to him regardless of what he's presenting. 

Seems to be his first time commentating. A massive step up from the other fella (Fletcher?) who is usually the stand-in. And I prefer him to Dawes too, who is just too shouty and too much about his opinion rather than describing the game.

12 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Chris Coles has been a great addition to the RD team over the last few years. The comments about Ed Dawes is harsh, his passion and love for the club come through in his commentary which I like.

The comments about Dawes are spot on - hasn’t got a clue how to describe what’s going on in front of him and his ‘passion’ means he frequently forgets to explain what’s just happened. Coles on commentary is several levels better….

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The comments about Dawes are spot on - hasn’t got a clue how to describe what’s going on in front of him and his ‘passion’ means he frequently forgets to explain what’s just happened. Coles on commentary is several levels better….

You know where the ball is, and what the situation is. 

That's more than Dawes has managed to do, despite being the commentator.

I don't mind Dawes to be honest,he can be a bit miserable but he is passionate about the club and he expresses his opinions which I may or may not agree with but it's better than just a bland,no questions asked,like rams tv can be sometimes.

Mind you I like Chris Coles too,so neither bother me.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't mind Dawes to be honest,he can be a bit miserable but he is passionate about the club and he expresses his opinions which I may or may not agree with but it's better than just a bland,no questions asked,like rams tv can be sometimes.

Mind you I like Chris Coles too,so neither bother me.

I’ve said before on here - a good commentator should paint a picture of what’s happening - Dawes couldn’t paint a fence…..

I have stopped listening to RD because I couldn’t take any more of Ed Dawes sure he’s passionate and better without Craig Rammage but no not for me. Turned on tonight reluctantly and so refreshing to hear Chris Coles the game flew by. No hyperbole no squeaking like a wronged child just good clear balanced commentary. Well done that man.