Paul Williams

Carl Sagan

Paul Williams (aka Jossy sp?) has been appointed the new Director of the Academy at Birmingham City:

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/sport/football/2021/08/24/former-defender-paul-williams-lands-birmingham-city-academy-director-role/

Always thought it a huge shame the elegant England U21 midfielder we started out with and who scored a fantastic hat-trick in that role, got converted into an average centre back. What might have been! Oh well ...

Good luck to him at Brum.

I'd say he was a pretty good centre back. He won player of the season for Coventry in the Premier League. I know, I know, Coventry, but don't forget he had stiff competition from the likes of Noel Whelan and Peter Ndlovu.

He's had a very interesting coaching career too. I'm still puzzled as to why Southampton binned him and Jason Dodd after they'd presided over such a productive period for their academy. Undoubtedly the best part of his coaching career was east midlands Derby when, as Forest manager, he could barely bring himself to even pretend that he wanted to win against the rams.