Game not on TV in concourse

Beetle

I'm wondering if it's to prevent significant groups of people congregating in the concourse while the game is on outside of the 15 minutes or so that people normally spend down there. However, I genuinely don't believe that will make a great deal of difference to spreading Covid or not.

Edited by Lander
typo

1 hour ago, Beetle said:

Apologies if I've missed a thread as Saturday was my first home game this season. Went down to get a pint on 42 minutes and the game wasn't on the TVs in the concourse in the North stand. Anyone got any idea why? 

I could hazard a guess...

17. Once inside the stadium, supporters will be encouraged to take their seats as soon as possible and not congregate on the concourses

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/covid-19-supporters-code-of-conduct

Covid measures - not sure it makes sense. People will queue up at half time anyway and I like to have a pint at half time, I very much doubt it will be having an impact. If anything it will make the half time queues longer. If we do not want people in the concoure then we should not sell food and drink down there. Not putting the game/highlights on the TV whilst you are having them makes no sense to me.

If I could get a drink quick enough during the half time interval and not leave a couple of minutes early I would.

Not alot of point 5 going on despite the messages on the screens:

5. Supporters are advised to wear a face mask, face covering or face visor within the concourse, toilets and walking to their seats.

Enforcing this would make more sense to me but I suppose we need to decide what level of preventation we go to. I'd rather do what I 'normally' do at the ground but wear a mask.

Probably is Covid measures, agree with the decision or not.

Some will say you should stay and watch the game until the ref blows for half time.

Response to that will be there is no chance I'd get a pint then.

Which the reply would be can't you go 2hrs without alcohol.

I would say why not install a load of contactless card vending machines that chuck out 440ml cans.

For some having a drink is part of the football day out, 15 minutes is a push for a pint anyway, but with a 10 minute wait in the queue becomes impossible without missing bits of the game.

Not sure if laws would allow but fans could take unopened cans up to the stands, then open at half time to avoid any queuing at all.

Just eject people if seen drinking in the stand. Can see why they won't let football fans drink in the stands with the latest trend of launching pints in the air when goals go in.

If it is to prevent gathering in one place, then maybe open more than one bar as well, which meant everybody was crowding in one place anyway (SW upper). 

They should have TVs in the concourses of cricket grounds especially for limited over international games. Matches can last 4 hours and invariably you have to wait at least 20 minutes at a time to queue up for drinks. 

Seeing as the tight sods also bar you from bringing your own alcohol in that's even more of a reason.

6 hours ago, David said:

Probably is Covid measures, agree with the decision or not.

Some will say you should stay and watch the game until the ref blows for half time.

Response to that will be there is no chance I'd get a pint then.

Which the reply would be can't you go 2hrs without alcohol.

I would say why not install a load of contactless card vending machines that chuck out 440ml cans.

For some having a drink is part of the football day out, 15 minutes is a push for a pint anyway, but with a 10 minute wait in the queue becomes impossible without missing bits of the game.

Not sure if laws would allow but fans could take unopened cans up to the stands, then open at half time to avoid any queuing at all.

Just eject people if seen drinking in the stand. Can see why they won't let football fans drink in the stands with the latest trend of launching pints in the air when goals go in.

Perhaps the best solution would be to have the TV’s on 5 minutes before (and during) half time to allow for people wanting to get in the queue to buy a pint, but not have them on towards the end of the game in order to encourage folk to stay in their seats until the end.

Didn't leave on 42 yesterday to get a beer. Left when the whistle went just to try it again. Queue was massive when I got there. Queued all half time and did not get served. What a joke. My lad went down in the second half to get a coke and all shut.

Much less covid risk going down early in my opinion. Hardly anyone wearing masks again despite the TVs asking everyone to again.