Jump to content

Embargo.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You may be right but we are the only ones with it listed on the embargo tracker on the EFL site, so until we get it removed we are buggered.

The HMRC deferral due to COVID was brought into place to appease cash flow problems with business all over the country. The deadline to pay it back has since past, by quite a long time now and out of the ENTIRE football league pyramid we are the only ones with the charge hanging over us as to have not paid it back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be my 1st foray into our City for the match for 18 months, I'll be in a boozer with others, Unfortunately the TV will be smaller than I have at home, So I have bought some new glasses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image.thumb.png.9f536743948151a2aeb80d5bc44737fb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Stop libelling me!

People do get confused with libel and slander. Basically if I told someone that you are a murdering thief who has carnal knowledge of your aunt then it’s slander, but if I published it, it would be libel.  Unless it’s true. I think. It doesn’t help that I’m sitting in my garden quaffing my third pint of Guinness West Indies Porter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

 It doesn’t help that I’m sitting in my garden quaffing my third pint of Guinness West Indies Porter.

If you are really that bored you can help me mow the lawn, but I want dead straightlines or her indoors will complain!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

People do get confused with libel and slander. Basically if I told someone that you are a murdering thief who has carnal knowledge of your aunt then it’s slander, but if I published it, it would be libel.  Unless it’s true. I think. It doesn’t help that I’m sitting in my garden quaffing my third pint of Guinness West Indies Porter.

👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

People do get confused with libel and slander. Basically if I told someone that you are a murdering thief who has carnal knowledge of your aunt then it’s slander, but if I published it, it would be libel.  Unless it’s true. I think. It doesn’t help that I’m sitting in my garden quaffing my third pint of Guinness West Indies Porter.

Hope you’ve got TMS on mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Unfortunately I have had to remove recent posts due to a couple of posts being potentially libellous, and the conversation being part of those original posts. This doesn't mean that if your post has been removed that you have posted anything that you shouldn't have. 

Boooooo. @Davidcan afford it if he slashes his Apple products budget

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This will be my 1st foray into our City for the match for 18 months, I'll be in a boozer with others, Unfortunately the TV will be smaller than I have at home, So I have bought some new glasses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image.thumb.png.9f536743948151a2aeb80d5bc44737fb.png

They will definitely steam up when you put your mask on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

People do get confused with libel and slander. Basically if I told someone that you are a murdering thief who has carnal knowledge of your aunt then it’s slander, but if I published it, it would be libel.  Unless it’s true. I think. It doesn’t help that I’m sitting in my garden quaffing my third pint of Guinness West Indies Porter.

Yeah basically libel and slander are two forms of defamation. Libel broadly refers to the written word (traditionally newspapers but now also websites, even tweets) while slander refers to the spoken word (including I think radio broadcasts, as well as stuff said in the street).

You defame someone if what you say would tend to reduce their standing in the eyes of a reasonable person. 

Interestingly you can still technically libel/slander someone even if what you say is true. It's just that truth is a complete defence, so there would be no point someone trying to sue you - except that in British courts the burden of proof is on the defendant, so you would have to prove what you said was true, rather than your target having to prove it was false. Which is annoying and probably unfair. 

Edited by vonwright
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The HMRC deferral due to COVID was brought into place to appease cash flow problems with business all over the country. The deadline to pay it back has since past, by quite a long time now and out of the ENTIRE football league pyramid we are the only ones with the charge hanging over us as to have not paid it back.

Sorry but this is simply incorrect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.