Embargo.

simmoram1995

1 minute ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Lots of people who are owed money by the club will lose money.

The administrators will make lots of money.

I see. But what happens to the club? Do we completely collapse eventually, or do we remain a club just with no owner and no money? 

1 minute ago, samwcave said:

Apologies this might sound stupid, but can someone explain what exactly is going to happen IF we go into administration? I know it is bad, but specifically, what could happen? 

Administration -12 points, P&S Possible -9 points, Administrator takes over the company sells what he can pays the wages takes their fee, Gate receipts used for the running of the business, Possible buyers waiting in the wings? to take over

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Why would we fail to agree a 9 point deduction and then take a 12 point one? Is there a business reason to this? 

My complete guess would be that people at the Club may not share the same confidence as Rooney that a -9 deduction wouldn't spell out our fate this season.

If we go down with a -9 deduction, they may as well add another 12 to the deduction because it means the exact same thing. Added to the fact that we're on a month-by-month tightrope where we can have another 3 deducted if we miss any payments.

My guess would be that it's of the opinion that putting us in to administration would make us sellable and allow the Club to finally move on.

If we are going to end up in League One regardless, I'd much rather have it with a debt-free Club and new owners with an ambition and desire to own the Club and take us places. That's the only minor positive I can manage to drag out of what is looking like a bleak and quite frankly saddening situation.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

My complete guess would be that people at the Club may not share the same confidence as Rooney that a -9 deduction wouldn't spell out our fate this season.

If we go down with a -9 deduction, they may as well add another 12 to the deduction because it means the exact same thing. Added to the fact that we're on a month-by-month tightrope where we can have another 3 deducted if we miss any payments.

My guess would be that it's of the opinion that putting us in to administration would make us sellable and allow the Club to finally move on.

If we are going to end up in League One regardless, I'd much rather have it with a debt-free Club and new owners with an ambition and desire to own the Club and take us places. That's the only minor positive I can manage to drag out of what is looking like a bleak and quite frankly saddening situation.

Have read some Tweets from Bolton fans saying exactly the same thing....might as well take both hits in one lump rather than 9 points this season and then potentially another 12 if we're in League 1 next......

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Why would we fail to agree a 9 point deduction and then take a 12 point one? Is there a business reason to this? 

Maybe some people want to make a point with the efl, “I told you what I would do if you pushed me, so now sort it”

A matter of principle maybe!

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That’s probably classed as a “football debt” so we’ll end up paying it in full, while local businesses get pennies on the pound of what they’re owed.

Indeed I fear you're right. This is the EFL looking after "the interests of the game" whilst screwing wider society. 

Be an interesting bun fight between them and hmrc who also rank highly in an insolvency. 

19 minutes ago, samwcave said:

I see. But what happens to the club? Do we completely collapse eventually, or do we remain a club just with no owner and no money? 

Hard to say, but either a) a deal has already been done to sell the club, or b) the administrators will run the club with a view (hopefully) to finding a buyer. 

The directors will have no say in the running of the business as this power goes to the administrators.

Just seen club statement - was hoping for a) but we've actually got b).

Edited by Half Fan Half Biscuit
Just seen club statement

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Administration -12 points, P&S Possible -9 points, Administrator takes over the company sells what he can pays the wages takes their fee, Gate receipts used for the running of the business, Possible buyers waiting in the wings? to take over

But which wing East wing Chinese. Left wing American.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) is we will get an automatic 12 point deduction (which could be as much as -21 by the time the EFL have had their way with us) but if we can be bought before the transfer window re-opens we can keep all our talent. If not and we’re still in the hands of the administrators at that point, then we will lose all our players for nothing like Wigan did.

The hope is now we will be free of the debts (which will rightly piss several people off and potentially cause financial hardship for some) a buyer will come in and we can stabilise. But we would need to all prepare for league 1 as -12 will be extremely difficult, -21 will be impossible, although we could be telling the EFL to duck off now and see them at the DC.