Kelle Roos

DarkFruitsRam7

11 hours ago, ram59 said:

On the subject of his kicking, which I think is better than Marshall's, it's interesting to see that Davies is passing the ball to Roos at goal kicks, to distribute. It appears that the club are more confident in Roos' distribution than either of our cbs.

Even if the central defenders are as good at distribution as Roos, it makes sense to leave it to him, he will have more time on the ball and players can move into their receiving positions.

• 4 weeks later...

I know not everyone would have heard them, and wouldn’t be able to repeat it word for word, but thought Ed Dawes’ comments before the game about Roos were out of order and glad Roos shut him up tonight. 

We know Roos isn’t perfect, but he grew into the game and obviously kept us in it. Also I’m not anti Ed, although sometimes I do think he needs to give his head a shake, but that wasn’t professional.

I thought Roos was terrible against Birmingham but he has redeemed himself tonight, at the place I was watching the game in in town I was sat in front of a neutral viewer who'd not seen Roos play before and he couldn't believe how poor his distribution and general keeping was. Tonight even though I only listened, it was obvious he had one of his best games for us. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Great performance from Kelle, tonight, he has all the quality's to be a top keeper, he just needs to believe in himself, and tonight should have done his confidence a world of good, he was even coming for crosses tonight and winning it everytime, well done tonight Roos, u got the Rams a very hard fought point, man of the match for me tonight. 

I feel like Roos looks much more confident at dealing with crosses, corners & high balls into the box this season. I used to really worry when the ball went in the air near him but I cant think of any time this season where he has done something to make me concerned.

I think as a whole the team look much better at dealing with crosses etc, other than Huddersfield in the first game in which Jagielka didnt play in, we haven't conceded from a set piece or from high balls into the box and we have played 2 really aerially dominant teams in our last 2 games.

Roos is badly underrated by our fans. If you compare him to other keepers in this division then he holds his own and you’d have to pay a good chunk of money to improve on him.

I noticed a lot of people have been critical of him with the ball at his feet, but again that’s the circumstances we put upon him. We give him the ball more than any other team gives their keeper and often under a lot of pressure too.

Given our number of backwards passes (not so much last night) and the pressure he’s under there will inevitably be mistakes, he’s not Ederson………..but I’m struggling to think of another keeper in this division that wouldn’t struggle with the silly amount of passes we give our keeper.

He’s done a good job this season.

Always maintained Roos is a good keeper in spite of others disagreeing but he must be doing something right at the moment. Yesterday he kept us in it in a performance reminiscent of Carson at his peak who saved us so many times. 
He punches a lot but this is coached more at a younger level these days as often being a less risky option than going for a catch, especially when it’s wet. 
Don’t buy this “it’s his job” as quoted by Bobby Davison and some fans- of course it’s his job. It’s the strikers job to put the ball in the net. It’s the defenders job to stop the ball going in the net. On that basis all the goalkeepers in the land who do their job will never concede and never make a mistake! 
well played not only Roos but the defence last night. Jagielka and Davies are the sorts of players we need and would be assets to a lot of teams in this league. 

His shot stopping was absolutely world class last night.

Still a few dodgy punches but they got the job done and to be fair they really targeted him last night.

Still concerns me that too many times he catches the ball way too low. Goalkeepers should be catching the ball at the top of their jump not at chest high, as we found out at Wembley.

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Don’t buy this “it’s his job” as quoted by Bobby Davison and some fans

Yeah this is one that really gets me. When a striker scores, we don't not celebrate and say "that's his job" do we? Some people can't bring themselves to praise Roos because they know they're wrong about him.

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Yeah this is one that really gets me. When a striker scores, we don't not celebrate and say "that's his job" do we? Some people can't bring themselves to praise Roos because they know they're wrong about him.

Well, one or two do like to mention the other chances they've missed! ?

But I know what you mean. We're usually happy with a striker that takes one in four of his chances, but expect a keeper to save every one. 

47 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I don’t even know why he is getting any stick at all this season? Forest game the only error I can think of and that came two minutes after a save he had no right to make anyway

People pining for Marshall make me laugh, can only think it is based on reputation alone as by the end of last season (when he was still playing) he was costing us not far off a goal a game because his wrist joints are made out of washing up gloves. Roos the far better option as it stands.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

His shot stopping was absolutely world class last night.

Still a few dodgy punches but they got the job done and to be fair they really targeted him last night.

Still concerns me that too many times he catches the ball way too low. Goalkeepers should be catching the ball at the top of their jump not at chest high, as we found out at Wembley.

The goal that was a foul as confirmed by John McGinn ?