Jump to content

Kelle Roos


Recommended Posts

His radio Derby interview was on as we got back in the car after the match, all going well until he managed to drop an eff bomb in! It was quite funny though, he was describing the performance today and said something like “we effing deserved it”! Thankfully it’s the only clanger he’s dropped  all season, long may it continue, I really like him, keep up the good work Kelle! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

This thread won't age well, I'm calling it now. 😂😂 

Joke... But I do think he's always got a mistake in him. Kicking isn't great, doesn't command his box, lacks concentration and just makes odd decisions at times. Really hope I'm wrong though. 

 

His kikcking is better than Carson and Marshall who are both international keepers. Every keeper got a mistake in them, Alison, Ederson, Loris (WC final no less). I agree with cant command his box but this season with Jag and Davies it shouldnt be as much of an issue. He has got the size so as long as the crowd support him and does not make him nervous by clapping ironically an easy catch he could improve this side of his game. We've got other areas where we need improve ahead of the GK position i think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

His kikcking is better than Carson and Marshall who are both international keepers. Every keeper got a mistake in them, Alison, Ederson, Loris (WC final no less). I agree with cant command his box but this season with Jag and Davies it shouldnt be as much of an issue. He has got the size so as long as the crowd support him and does not make him nervous by clapping ironically an easy catch he could improve this side of his game. We've got other areas where we need improve ahead of the GK position i think

I'm not trying to set something up so I can say 'told you so'.. Its inevitable a goalie will be at fault for a goal sooner or later. But I think he seems to play well for a game or two and then throw in a really random mistake or seem to totally switch off. Feels as inevitable as night follows day that people will be looking for this thread to say 'what the hell was he doing'. 

Jagielka and Davies will definitely help. Less concern in his mind about whether to come off his line for free kicks, corners and crosses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It helps any keeper to have a solid and well organised defence in front of them, as has been the case since Jagielka came in. He's an excellent shot stopper. If he can learn when the team needs him to claim a cross, and do that consistently and effectively, our keeper issue might be solved for this season at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

This thread won't age well, I'm calling it now. 😂😂 

Joke... But I do think he's always got a mistake in him. Kicking isn't great, doesn't command his box, lacks concentration and just makes odd decisions at times. Really hope I'm wrong though. 

 

His kicking is fine, his command of the box has always been his problem, which is even more frustrating given the size of him. He should be claiming anything that comes near him, he’s started the season well though and is a good shot stopper. Hoping a run as the number 1, with competent centre halves, gives him the confidence to improve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

This thread won't age well, I'm calling it now. 😂😂 

Joke... But I do think he's always got a mistake in him. Kicking isn't great, doesn't command his box, lacks concentration and just makes odd decisions at times. Really hope I'm wrong though. 

 

Think every keeper at this level has a clanger in them. That’s why they’re in the championship not the prem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

This thread won't age well, I'm calling it now. 😂😂 

Joke... But I do think he's always got a mistake in him. Kicking isn't great, doesn't command his box, lacks concentration and just makes odd decisions at times. Really hope I'm wrong though. 

 

Didn’t he drop the book on “This is your life “ ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is regularly now winning us points, which in my view is the sign of a very good keeper. And is necessary if the team is to be successful, perhaps more than any other team position.

Its a while since we had this in the team - Carson at his peak was the last perhaps. Then Grant at his peak and  Poom (who was always at peak !) before that ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/08/2021 at 13:00, jimbo jones said:

His kicking is fine, his command of the box has always been his problem, which is even more frustrating given the size of him. He should be claiming anything that comes near him, he’s started the season well though and is a good shot stopper. Hoping a run as the number 1, with competent centre halves, gives him the confidence to improve.

I'd go one further and say his kicking is good but it's not just his kicking there aren't many keepers at this level who are as comfortable recieving the ball to feet, it's a real asset especially given we are going back to playing out from the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the subject of his kicking, which I think is better than Marshall's, it's interesting to see that Davies is passing the ball to Roos at goal kicks, to distribute. It appears that the club are more confident in Roos' distribution than either of our cbs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.