Wheeler Dealer

DCFC1388

So with our current situation with a full 23 man squad, so we can only work with a 1 out 1 in basis, what business would you do? 

Who would you sell to create space and who would you bring in to fill the space?

Current restrictions apply so loans & free agents only although il go to the soft embargo 11.5k limit not the current 4.5k. 3 GKs not required as not sure if that has been confirmed - be realistic

Edited by DCFC1388

I think the only saleable asset at the moment is Buchanan, add in the fact that we’ve got Foz, Shinnie and maybe Brown that could potentially play that position then you’ve got cover.

We could also let Marshall find another club for free to potentially make up two spaces in the squad.

Sibley is the other option as we have Lawrence and Morrison in that position, but I wouldn’t want to let him go for pittance as he’s worth more to us than what we’d get.

Incomings I’m not so familiar with who’s available and who’s not, but I would try and bring in a striker (obviously) and CB.

My CB would probably be Jaglielka although I’d like someone with pace if possible.

For the striker option I know Robson-Kanu and Gestede are available and could offer similar to CKR, other players may be out there that I’m not aware are available.

Edited by Ramarena

In general I don’t think the club can afford to turn down offers for anyone.

If the club get a fee and the management have a player they want to bring in then as long as it’s not an area with no cover then it’s a no brainer. 

Fans will immediately suggest offloading the likes of some of the fringe players but that makes no sense as it’s unlikely any of them will generate any interest in the first place and definitely won’t generate interest for fees.

Like it or not, killing two birds with one stone is always going to be the attractive offer for the management.

So in this instance, an offer for Buchanan and Jozwiak is most likely going to end only one way…..we have cover for Buchanan in Forsyth and Williams and we have cover for Joz in Sibley and Hutchinson. Freeing up two places and being 5-8 million better off will win. 

Lawrence is the only one that might make a tiny bit of make you for us, maybe 1.5 million. He would be the first one I would get rid of. 

marshall, we simply don’t need 3 goalies. 

jozwiak, because he is rubbish. 

Sibley, because he is a liability. 

and I would replace them with… 

well, pretty much anyone who is dumb enough to agree to sign for the basket case of a club….I don’t think we can be picky..

It's back against the wall at the moment and any sacrifices have to be made for long term of the club, Knight, Lawrence, marshal, joz and sibley. 

We going no where except down with this team so at least shake up and look at free market 

Jagielka Carroll Delap and good shout with robson-kanu 

Rooney would be better gone and SMC should get and earn his money this time he owes us big time 

Could just go full on crazy rogue, sell everyone and play u23’s only, use no manager at all.

Get kit updated with Fark the EFL all over it maybe also have a team hat also with said Fark the EFL logo.

Get beat every week and say screw it. Do congas round the ground each week and take beach balls, inflatable sheep and different fancy dress theme every home game.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Lawrence is the only one that might make a tiny bit of make you for us, maybe 1.5 million. He would be the first one I would get rid of. 

marshall, we simply don’t need 3 goalies. 

jozwiak, because he is rubbish. 

Sibley, because he is a liability. 

and I would replace them with… 

well, pretty much anyone who is dumb enough to agree to sign for the basket case of a club….I don’t think we can be picky..

If Lawrence is that bad, why are West Brom looking at signing him?

Marshall i agree is now not needed so we might as well sell and give the 3rd GK position to a youngster.

Jozwiak is capable of so much more, he is being restricted massively playing in this team and system.

Sibley is arguably our most promising young player, why you would want rid of him i don't understand. Rooney once had a problem with getting bookings/making silly fouls. Think he turned out alright as a player.?

Your saying you would replace these players with anyone dumb enough to sign. So overall we would be in a much worse position.

That makes no sense at all.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

If Lawrence is that bad, why are West Brom looking at signing him?

Marshall i agree is now not needed so we might as well sell and give the 3rd GK position to a youngster.

Jozwiak is capable of so much more, he is being restricted massively playing in this team and system.

Sibley is arguably our most promising young player, why you would want rid of him i don't understand. Rooney once had a problem with getting bookings/making silly fouls. Think he turned out alright as a player.?

Your saying you would replace these players with anyone dumb enough to sign. So overall we would be in a much worse position.

That makes no sense at all.

Rose tinted glasses comes to mind