The Supporters

DarkFruitsRam7

I know attendances haven’t been great, particularly at home. But the singing has been pretty much non-stop for the first three games this season. 

When Stretton scored yesterday, it genuinely felt like the biggest ‘limbs’ since Leeds away. I fell over the seat in front of me and had to get dragged back up to our row.

I imagine it’s a combination of proper football being back after so long and the less passionate fans being ‘filtered out’ by our current woes.

Whatever it is, it’s working and we need to keep it up.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Yep. Whilst I don’t want them to return, reminds me of the good/bad old days of last time we were in the third tier. I don’t know what the size of the travelling support was (but I imagine it wasn’t massive for many games) but it was often a great atmosphere (probably helped by terracing rather than all seating grounds mind and no doubt an element of selective memory).

Edited by Tamworthram

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep. Whilst I don’t want them to return, reminds me of the good/bad old days of last time we were in the third tier. I don’t know what the size of the travelling support was (but I imagine it wasn’t massive for many games) but it was often a great atmosphere (probably helped by terracing rather than all seating grounds mind).

Circa 1,600 I believe. Not incredible but probably better than our home attendances so far, in relative terms.

Edit: Sorry, it appears I misread your post.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know attendances haven’t been great, particularly at home. But the singing has been pretty much non-stop for the first three games this season. 

When Stretton scored yesterday, it genuinely felt like the biggest ‘limbs’ since Leeds away. I fell over the seat in front of me and had to get dragged back up to our row.

I imagine it’s a combination of proper football being back after so long and the less passionate fans being ‘filtered out’ by our current woes.

Whatever it is, it’s working and we need to keep it up.

'working' in what sense?

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Hilarious there’s a thread celebrating the “more passionate fans” the day after this. Keep it up, lads.

What a strange post - In every ground yesterday there will have been racist and homophobic comments and abuse, that's a sad but certain fact. Derby fans have called it out, that's something to celebrate.

Tbh until Morris goes and Pearce goes and the strangling of the club is gone the attendances will hover around 16 thousand for this season. I’ll still be there but I don’t blame fans not going and giving a crap when the owner doesn’t give a crap either. Until as such time the accounts get submitted and he’s gone and we have a fresh start it’s going to be toxic around the place. I had more fun going to the 07/08 season and this is where we are at now. No entertaining football on show, can’t buy a win how many did we win at home last season. Couldn’t score in a brothel in open play. We need the top gone and a new management and coaching staff to come in with a new takeover. Start a fresh and move forwards 

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Come on, you can’t tar a whole away end with the same brush.

Yeah, obviously. Just think it’s a bit disingenuous that there’s a thread on this forum giving all the away fans a pat on the back for yesterday, and not to call out this incident. 

44 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Hilarious there’s a thread celebrating the “more passionate fans” the day after this. Keep it up, lads.

Snowflakes, bet someone just shouted "go back to Poland, you're rubbish" hardly racist

Edited by Philmycock

36 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

Snowflakes, bet someone just shouted "go back to Poland, you're rubbish" hardly racist

There would be reporting every game I'd this is classed as racist.... 

F*@K OF YOU WELSH C@NT is regular ? I be more upset if I was called an English c@nt ????

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Tbh until Morris goes and Pearce goes and the strangling of the club is gone the attendances will hover around 16 thousand for this season. I’ll still be there but I don’t blame fans not going and giving a crap when the owner doesn’t give a crap either. Until as such time the accounts get submitted and he’s gone and we have a fresh start it’s going to be toxic around the place. I had more fun going to the 07/08 season and this is where we are at now. No entertaining football on show, can’t buy a win how many did we win at home last season. Couldn’t score in a brothel in open play. We need the top gone and a new management and coaching staff to come in with a new takeover. Start a fresh and move forwards 

Not selling season tickets will ultimately hurt the club, easy to decide not to go