Step Up Jack Stretton

DarkFruitsRam7

Against Salford I was watching his movement closely and I thought it was very good especially for the through ball which we actually played that night, whilst to today I was watching Richards getting no ball to fight for whilst clearly not being able to run very quickly and I thought against Peterborough Stretton would be a better bet to start this game.

we now have the reality that Richards looks to be out for a long time which leaves Stretton and I hope he does really well especially after his poachers goal today but he needs an attacking partner if he is to survive and looking at it currently I would actually play Ebosele with him to give opponents plenty to think about. 

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Agree we will need different tictaks with Stretton up top.

Great chance for him though.

Stretton getting his chance could be a breath of fresh air. 

He’s got plenty of potential and I like the look of him as a player.

He’s going to thrown in at the deep end and a lot of his success is going to depend upon how we set up without CKR.

If Rooney tries to continue the current “tactics” then Stretton stands no chance. To give the lad a fighting chance we need Sibley up there with him and a team that knows it’s roles and plays further up the pitch!

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He’s got plenty of potential and I like the look of him as a player.

He’s going to thrown in at the deep end and a lot of his success is going to depend upon how we set up without CKR.

If Rooney tries to continue the current “tactics” then Stretton stands no chance. To give the lad a fighting chance we need Sibley up there with him and a team that knows it’s roles and plays further up the pitch!

He'll be fine if we play Sibley and Watson with him because they know how to thread the ball through to him.

WeThis is the positive thread of a bleak day.

Fair few posts here spot on for me. He’s thrown in at the deep end but a hopefully confidence boosting goal shows he’s also got potential.

What he won’t need is any moans and groans when he misses an odd sitter, the type raw strikers do. Let’s get behind the lad and see what he’s got to offer, with hopefully the right service.

Agree, Sibley or Watson should suit best and maybe he’ll link with Morrison too. He could be our find of the season purely by chance.

Edited by Zag zig

The latest from the class of '19 to make an impact in the first team. All players used in that title winning season:

Goalkeepers
French - Released
Foster - Released

Defenders
Ebosele
McDonald
Minkley - Released
JBrown
Cashin
Buchanan
Charles - Released
Archie - Released

Midfielders
Bird
Knight
Sibley
LThompson
Dixon

Forwards
Stretton
Wilson
Whittaker - Swansea
Delap - Man City
Greco - Released
Splatt - Released
Nto - Released

I hope Stretton gets some decent game time and gets a chance to showcase his talent however we can't rely on having him as our fit number 9 for the next few months. We need to sort something out, hopefully a deal with the EFL to free up another slot or something.

• 5 months later...