Supporters Charter Group Apology

Day

It's all been said already - no apology necessary - but I just wanted to add my support. Maybe the support messages will drown out the haters.

Heck, judging by your posts on the Jim Smith forum, you are having it tough enough away from the shenanigans at Derby County.

I hope you know just how much everyone on here appreciates that you maintain a brilliant forum for discussion, the best I've seen on the web. Moreover, it's on a topic where feelings run high. You do a fantastic job, for which we are very grateful.

Sod the minutes. Just get back on the forum. Very best wishes.

You lot are something else. ??

Appreciate all the messages, especially the one that said I’m young. Whilst I hear all the you have nothing to apologise for messages, I feel I did and couldn’t just swan back in here like nothing had happened.

Now I have addressed it and the football is back, hopefully we can all draw a line under this episode and move on.

This is a time when we all need to be together right now.

I appreciate this doesn't mean much - But as a minor show of solidarity I've decided to retire my traditional Batman icon in 'favour' of my own stupid ugly mug

Now people will have a better idea who is spouting such stupid opinions - Feel free to say hello if you see me at the football (although I am a fairly generic fat, beardy, glasses wearer so you may get someone else) 

Not going to claim my name (Chris) as my username though - As I feel that @David is the only forum resident who can pull off the Beyonce-esque single name thing

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Heck, judging by your posts on the Jim Smith forum, you are having it tough enough away from the shenanigans at Derby County.

Without the X Factor sob story, it has been difficult and an ongoing situation which I will update.

(For those reading, this isn’t about me but a family member that I’m finding it difficult getting the support they need)

Not everybody is open about what they are dealing away from the computer screen which is why people should think about how they talk to people, not just me, online.

5 minutes ago, David said:

You lot are something else. ??

Appreciate all the messages, especially the one that said I’m young. Whilst I hear all the you have nothing to apologise for messages, I feel I did and couldn’t just swan back in here like nothing had happened.

Now I have addressed it and the football is back, hopefully we can all draw a line under this episode and move on.

This is a time when we all need to be together right now.

Been saying we need to stick together for months. 

Did you find out if the club were mandated to hold the meeting under EFL rules if you didn’t it doesn’t matter. 

Take care David 

@DavidEcho all of the above, and definitely no need to apologise. Sounded boring anyway 4hrs and just a 4 point tweet to show for it!!! Yesterday’s chip paper now. Loads of better things to discuss  now the footballs actually started.

Anyway the real victim of all this is @Dave he’s had no end of abuse for not putting a report on the forum , where’s his thread!!! 

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I appreciate this doesn't mean much - But as a minor show of solidarity I've decided to retire my traditional Batman icon in 'favour' of my own stupid ugly mug

Now people will have a better idea who is spouting such stupid opinions - Feel free to say hello if you see me at the football (although I am a fairly generic fat, beardy, glasses wearer so you may get someone else) 

Not going to claim my name (Chris) as my username though - As I feel that @David is the only forum resident who can pull off the Beyonce-esque single name thing

I like this, removing the anonymity online.

I understand those that do not wish to and have their reasons for that.

There is a Zoom call on Wednesday night which have been running through lockdown, we have had several members on there and great to put some faces to name.

Off the top of my head….

@angieram @sage @DarkFruitsRam7 @Curtains @Van der MoodHoover @i-Ram @AndyinLiverpool 

I no longer organise these calls but I’m sure you would all be welcome, I believe it’s Sage who is now running them.

I just want to echo all the messages of support @David.  I said on a previous post that I thought you’d been hung out to dry and I still believe that.  Your support and defence of the club is admirable, but they’ve handled all this very badly.

I’m not on any social media so this forum is the only way I can keep up to date with everything going on at the club.  And it’s good to hear other supporters’ views, however batshit they occasionally are!  Thanks for running the forum and try to appreciate that the negative reaction you may have experienced comes from a small minority. 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Did you find out if the club were mandated to hold the meeting under EFL rules if you didn’t it doesn’t matter. 

The Supporters Charter Group was formed in 2017, there have been 2/3 meetings a year pre Covid. 

I’m not entirely sure when the EFL introduced this rule and if these meetings are to feel the quota, remember the club also hold open fan forums at pubs and the the ground.

There hasn’t been any recently, which is understandable with Covid restrictions.

I’m confused as to why they are treated as something new and mystery of who is involved when minutes are published on the forum, on the club website and even featured on RamsTV.

We don't see eye to eye always, but I have to say any abuse you got was out of order and I think I'd been drinking! Lol. Just kidding. We were all sat around on this great forum all night waiting on your every post. We made up some great stories!

Saturday sounds great, very envious. Thanks for the effort with the club and most of all with this forum. #COYR

As others have said @David there is seriously no need to apologise. You've done a great job running the forum and taking a lot of time out both representing us the fans at these kinds of meetings (especially given that you live in grimsby) and running this platform that allows us to interact with so many other Derby fans. Anyone giving you stick for what happened at the charters meeting and afterwards is a bit of an idiot and I wouldn't be worrying about it.