Graeme Shinnie

DCFC Kicks

Shinnie has been through spells before where he couldn't find a pass or get properly involved in games. 

But he pulled through and will do again. 

He has the attitude we will need in abundance this year. 

Others around him are far less effective. 

We still haven't found a group of players confident enough in each other's game to give a quick pass and go for the return. 

We're in permanent 'safe' mode, prepared for something to go wrong. 

58 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

As others have mentioned I'd have to disagree. In 13/14 Buxton really started pinging out passes particularly in situations when a full back had really pushed forward. There is a great example of it here 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zysNz6vAcrQ

as much as i love that goal, Buxton only makes one half decent pass. It's not exactly what i would describe as a 'ping', just passing the ball on the floor into space. 

These are 'ping' passes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD1EnJF17k

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

as much as i love that goal, Buxton only makes one half decent pass. It's not exactly what i would describe as a 'ping', just passing the ball on the floor into space. 

These are 'ping' passes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD1EnJF17k

Ok maybe I'm using the wrong terminology but I feel my point still stands and I would say the pass in that video is more than half decent especially given how quickly he's shifted the ball on in a progressive fashion.

Either way I'd say Buxton was substantially better with the ball at his feet than Davies or Stearman.

On Saturday at 1-0 up...and just before their equalizer. Ball comes into Shinnie out wide and his attempts to control it but giving it away leading to Curtis giving the free kick away... looked like Sunday morning football. Not just in ability but in braincells too. 

We have too many players last season making bad decisions during games. Far too many for this level of football. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

On Saturday at 1-0 up...and just before their equalizer. Ball comes into Shinnie out wide and his attempts to control it but giving it away leading to Curtis giving the free kick away... looked like Sunday morning football. Not just in ability but in braincells too. 

We have too many players last season making bad decisions during games. Far too many for this level of football. 

so your saying there not being coached very well?

4 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

You’re missing what went before. A throw in near their corner flag, the default ‘must play backwards’ mentality back to the half way line, back to Roos, terrible kick by him, then the poor conceding of a free kick. 

If you’re going to pull up one player pull up the build up to it. All to mention too this was in the 43min. That is poor game management in my opinion. 

16 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

You’re missing what went before. A throw in near their corner flag, the default ‘must play backwards’ mentality back to the half way line, back to Roos, terrible kick by him, then the poor conceding of a free kick. 

If you’re going to pull up one player pull up the build up to it. All to mention too this was in the 43min. That is poor game management in my opinion. 

Didnt miss the build up at all. Thread is about Shinnie and regardless of what poo play went on leading up to the moment I have highlighted, it was still abysmal play for this level.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

The 2 playing in front of the back four need to be more inventive so I'd partner Shinnie with Morrison, with Ravel picking the ball up deep similar to the role Bannan plays for the Wendies.

I think that's the only space for Ravel to play DM as we won't be dropping Club Captain and he'll be in a more central role this year.

4 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

There are games when Shinny types are perfect and I would not want to sell even if squad was a bit bigger.

I do not think him and Bird play well together though. Neither are very progressive, it is either or for me between the two and the second CM must be more progressive.

Very true. And to get another Shinnie type of the same quality we'd need to pay a 'Shaun Barker type fee', which we can't do at the moment.

On 12/08/2021 at 12:37, tomsdubs said:

Without Shinnie in there we would struggle to win another game as the squad stands IMO. Does all the dirty work.

Is it just me then who thinks he's cr@p? Loses the ball easily, 90% of the time passes backwards, has never won a header in his life, can't pass more than 10 yards, not very quick, not very strong, in fact pretty much below average for this league. Are there 2 Shinnies? have I missed something? I mean, I was a better player than him.. and I've no doubt some of the kids we have are. Just need a run in the team. I'd sell him tomorrow. Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to where we end up this year. in my option lol.

Ps. We have struggled to win another games WITH him in the team so.... ?

Edited by Ramitupper
addition

Just now, Ramitupper said:

Is it just me then who thinks he's cr@p? Loses the ball easily, 90% of the time passes backwards, has never won a header in his life, can't pass more than 10 yards, not very quick, not very strong, in fact pretty much below average for this league. Are there 2 Shinnies? have I missed something? I mean, I was a better player than him.. and I've no doubt some of the kids we have are. Just need a run in the team. I'd sell him tomorrow. Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to where we end up this year. in my option lol.

I know I might be asking for some major self-sacrifice here, but are you prepared to play for us for no more than £4.5k p.w.?

p.s. I would buy your shirt.

16 hours ago, Ramitupper said:

Ps. We have struggled to win another games WITH him in the team so.... ?

Player of the season award last season, so maybe!