Graeme Shinnie

DCFC Kicks

15 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I don't think he's limited. He's good at what he does, was asked to do too much attacking wise last season than he should. I think he'd be great at the base of a midfield three. 

agreed. 

that's actually what Lampard signed him for. 

People are saying he can't play there because his passing isn't good enough. Was Eustace really that good at passing?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I’d let him go if we can get someone in instead. Great heart/battler but limited footballer. 

I'd tend to agree under normal circumstances however I think letting anyone (aside from Marshall) go right now is probably a bad idea given how difficult it currently is to get players in the door.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

agreed. 

that's actually what Lampard signed him for. 

People are saying he can't play there because his passing isn't good enough. Was Eustace really that good at passing?

Eustace's passing/technical ability was sufficient for the role. Yes he'd often move it simply but he tended (from memory) to move things pretty quickly into the rest of the midfield. He was also compensated in part by having two centre backs behind who really could pass. None of that is true for Shinnie. Its also not the primary problem which is that putting him there would likely limit his strengths and magnify his weaknesses. 

On the Lampard stuff. We can speculate that's what he was signed for but I don't think we have definitive proof because it never played out. The other to keep in mind is stylistically Lampard clearly wanted to build towards a team with a hyper aggressive press without a typical holding midfielder (he tried and failed in that regard with Ledley early on) akin to how Klopp would set up a 433 but that's something we are miles away from trying to deploy right now.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I think he is best as a box to box midfielder. A number 8 not a 6.

i personally don't think he has the creativity to play further forward. His best qualities are sweeping up, tackling, leadership, giving simple passes, great stamina, reading of the game. All of which seem more suited to holding mid

35 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Eustace's passing/technical ability was sufficient for the role. Yes he'd often move it simply but he tended (from memory) to move things pretty quickly into the rest of the midfield. He was also compensated in part by having two centre backs behind who really could pass. 

Keogh yes, but Buxton was not a passer?