Kamil Grosicki - signed for Pogon Szczecin

Sean

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

Want to elaborate on this bit? In what way are we better in the transfer market? Have you been in a coma for the past 6 months? Have a quick look at our squad list and see how threadbare we are

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That implies that Rooney would have wanted our expensive 'mistakes'. Seen nothing to suggest he'd sign ordinary players on big contracts. Just hints that he might like to sign/loan good players like Delap, etc.

Imagine if we weren't under embargo then we might really be able to look at signing Grosicki.

Interesting that you interpret it that way. The implied point was meant to be that the restrictive transfer approach is creating a more sustainable business model for the club. Which I personally fully support ?

8 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Sure. Morrison, Stearman, Allsop & Davies all on 12 month contracts under £4.5k with Jags and Baldock to come vs Blackman, Butterfield, Anya, Marriott, Shackell MK II, Jozefzoon, Camara etc etc etc ?

Not disagreeing with you on that, but all it does is push the problem 12 months down the line.

At some point we are going to have to start signing younger players on larger contracts again, and as far as I'm aware we still have the same recruitment team that signed those list of failed signings.

We are only making very low risk signings because the EFL won't let us do anything more ?

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not disagreeing with you on that, but all it does is push the problem 12 months down the line.

At some point we are going to have to start signing younger players on larger contracts again, and as far as I'm aware we still have the same recruitment team that signed those list of failed signings.

We are only making very low risk signings because the EFL won't let us do anything more ?

Exactly my point. The EFL sanctions are a blessing ?

4 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

the restrictive transfer approach is creating a more sustainable business model for the club. Which I personally fully support ?

not if they're only allowing us to sign 4 players. We will likely be relegated unless allowed to sign more players, and i seriously doubt playing in League One will help the club as a business. 

On 09/08/2021 at 08:17, dcfcreece1601 said:

Another polish guy that was at the euros would help kamil massively,  im sure people are forgetting we don't have any other wingers on the bench , ebosele can play there but it's not his position and he's still learning , and other than sibley we basically have no one , would be good to have both definitely if possible 

We did not get the Sheik but maybe we end up with a couple of Kamils at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not remotely ITK, but I saw my mate today who owns properties in Sutton Coldfield. Grosicki was renting one of his places when he was at West Brom last season and his wife has contacted my mate recently to ask about signing up again.  Could fit with the rumours that we’re interested and that restrictions are going to be relaxed.

18 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I’m not remotely ITK, but I saw my mate today who owns properties in Sutton Coldfield. Grosicki was renting one of his places when he was at West Brom last season and his wife has contacted my mate recently to ask about signing up again.  Could fit with the rumours that we’re interested and that restrictions are going to be relaxed.

He's already signed for his hometown club Pogon Szczecin back in his native country, unfortunately