Kamil Grosicki - signed for Pogon Szczecin

Sean

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Sorry to ruin the fun but he’ll have been on big wages for a while now. Doubt he’d accept 4.5k a week, and football insider has proven as reliable as a Connor Sammon over the years. 

Have you been to Poland not to mention have you been to England £4,500 per week is a hell of a lot of money especially when your income is zero - not to mention Derby county is one of the biggest clubs in England and bigger I would say than your Hull city WBA that he has played for and that’s not being disrespectful to those clubs 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Have you been to Poland not to mention have you been to England £4,500 per week is a hell of a lot of money especially when your income is zero - not to mention Derby county is one of the biggest clubs in England and bigger I would say than your Hull city WBA that he has played for and that’s not being disrespectful to those clubs 

Biggest clubs in England? Maybe 20-30 years ago - now we're not even in the top 20.

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

But in January, Forest were around 20 seconds away from signing him. At West Brom I would imagine he was on 10x what we could offer him now, and other teams were willing to take that on only 6 months ago.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I have been to Poland. Twice actually. God knows what that has to do with anything...

If I recall, he moved to West Brom for around 4 million in a summer where the baggies were spending big, and then were promoted, having joined Premier League Hull for around 6 million a couple of years previous.

4.5k/week is a low wage for a high end championship/low end premier league player, that is a fact, so he'd be taking a cut from his last contract to join. He's older than he was so would be taking a cut anywhere in England, the difference is just how big a cut he would take and whether he'd have better offers elsewhere. 

We are not an exciting prospect right now, and I doubt he gives a toss about the "size" of the football club he joins. If someone offers over what we are allowed to offer, he won't be coming here. Hence why I said it was unlikely (not impossible). 

4 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I have been to Poland. Twice actually. God knows what that has to do with anything...

If I recall, he moved to West Brom for around 4 million in a summer where the baggies were spending big, and then were promoted, having joined Premier League Hull for around 6 million a couple of years previous.

4.5k/week is a low wage for a high end championship/low end premier league player, that is a fact, so he'd be taking a cut from his last contract to join. He's older than he was so would be taking a cut anywhere in England, the difference is just how big a cut he would take and whether he'd have better offers elsewhere. 

We are not an exciting prospect right now, and I doubt he gives a toss about the "size" of the football club he joins. If someone offers over what we are allowed to offer, he won't be coming here. Hence why I said it was unlikely (not impossible). 

We are an exciting proposition right now because we have something to play for and zero income is zero wages and currently he hasn’t got a job 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

We are an exciting proposition right now because we have something to play for and zero income is zero wages and currently he hasn’t got a job 

Mel said that when he signed Huddlestone from Hull he was our first 40k a week player I believe. 
This lad was there at roughly the same time and was a key man for them. Not saying he was on the same, could’ve been more or less. 
He is currently out of contract but he isn’t just going to take the first thing offered to him. If he and his agent think he can get 7k+ a week (for example), he isn’t going to take 4.5k this early. He can obviously sign at any point as a free agent. 
It really isn’t as simple as he’s unemployed now so he’ll take anything.

Edited by RamsFan10