Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Pretty sure that Steve Cooper would just be more of the same turgid football with perhaps the extra benefit of getting some slightly better loanees

His Swansea team were very grim

They were at times. But to get them two top 6 finishes in a row is very good going. He didn't have a great deal to work with, Ayew and a few good loans. You look at Swansea now, they're miles away. 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

They were at times. But to get them two top 6 finishes in a row is very good going. He didn't have a great deal to work with, Ayew and a few good loans. You look at Swansea now, they're miles away. 

I guess it’s one of those where if he takes Swansea up he’s done a great job. If he doesn’t then it’s a poor job as all he’s done is waste time and resources developing other clubs players with no real long term plan. With a strategy like that there really is no in between in my opinion. Then he walked away when it went stale.

Don’t see it as much different to Rowett or Lampard here.

I think CH has been unlucky and clearly wasn’t allowed to bring in players who he wanted ( join the rest of us) without covid and a transfer fund he would have done well for them, own goal on that front

Steve Cooper - hmm - he actually tries to play football which the players in dog town won’t be able to adapt to - sweepstake would have him sacked within a year.

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I guess it’s one of those where if he takes Swansea up he’s done a great job. If he doesn’t then it’s a poor job as all he’s done is waste time and resources developing other clubs players with no real long term plan. With a strategy like that there really is no in between in my opinion. Then he walked away when it went stale.

Don’t see it as much different to Rowett or Lampard here.

That is the danger with building your team on loans. Still don't blame Lampard though, I absolutely loved that season.