Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

35 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

You have to think, maybe the negotiators at florest are much much better than ours(which to be fair, is asking really little) but arent florest going to be under embargo pretty pretty soon?

So many first team players. Must be so much in wages. And they are going absolutely nowhere. Sometime it must has to hit them surely? Especially with another manager sacking eventually, even if they do beat us

Dream on

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In Hughton, they have a manager who has never failed to win promotion when given a full pre-season at this level. Also, their best performer is a guy who couldn’t get into the Watford team consistently last season and seems miles away from the Danish international squad.

I would say the quality of player they have is a much bigger problem than many seem to think. In their mind, I actually think they believe they’re a good manager away from promotion. They’ve got a good manager who has done it consistently at this level before. 

Couldn't agree more, we have some very average players, as we did last season, but the loans kept us up.  

Might happen again, but wouldn't be putting any money on it.

5 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Couldn't agree more, we have some very average players, as we did last season, but the loans kept us up.  

Might happen again, but wouldn't be putting any money on it.

I'd have thought that a further risk would be hughtons appetite for a scrap. 

He seems to like having a few trustys around him... Murray etc

Without a gang, dyou think he's up for it or going through the motions? 

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Where has Hughton got promoted without a great squad? Look at his promotions and look at the squads he had. 

Don’t most managers get promoted with a great squad though. With a few exceptions, the key ingredients to a promotion / success are usually:

- comparatively great squad for the level,

- comparatively great manager / back room staff for the level. 

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Where has Hughton got promoted without a great squad? Look at his promotions and look at the squads he had. 

He took over Brighton when they were in the bottom three, kept them up and then got them promoted the year later as the top goalscorers in the division. 

If you give him a decent team then he will win promotion. If you give him the utter smegma that Forest have on the books then you're in trouble. I think any manager in the world would struggle to get anything out of that Forest team: Klopp, Pep... any of them would struggle. Awful, truly AWFUL... team. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

He took over Brighton when they were in the bottom three, kept them up and then got them promoted the year later as the top goalscorers in the division. 

If you give him a decent team then he will win promotion. If you give him the utter smegma that Forest have on the books then you're in trouble. I think any manager in the world would struggle to get anything out of that Forest team: Klopp, Pep... any of them would struggle. Awful, truly AWFUL... team. 

Is F*rests squad that bad?

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

They'd finished 6th the season before though and Hyypia was just a poor manager. They had a decent squad capable of promotion.