South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

8 hours ago, ram59 said:

Why can't you just move?

We have moved twice, once because of other fan's behaviour and now we're looking to move again because of those sitting directly behind us. We are hoping that with the much anticipated reduction of season ticket holders, that this shouldn't be too much of a problem, providing that we can actually discuss the situation with a real human being in the ticket office prior to the Stoke match.

Because we sit with people we have sat with for a long time and family. It’s just wrong that fans have go seat hopping to avoid the foul rantings of some fans (and not the exuberance of youth either)  

Btw: we almost had a pitch insurgent from the West Stand Lower first half but for an Owen Farrell-like rugby tackle by a steward down by the hoarding on the seat-side; the tacklee hit the ground like the proverbial sack of spuds. I think the fan took issue with the ref over the relentless free-kicks being given for the so-obvious diving by Boro. 

23 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, I think our South Stand clearly outsung a packed away end yesterday, something we hadn't been doing for a while pre-lockdown. Again, a lot of complementary backing up from the other stands as well.

There was a point in the second half when we were really under the cosh, with some tasty challenges going in from Middlesbrough and Warnock doing his usual war dance down below us, but it was Derby fans on all four sides who were providing the rhythm that drove our players on. I was quite proud of you all! ?

Schoolgirl error!

You missed yourself out!

"...us all", not "you all"!   ?

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Btw: we almost had a pitch insurgent from the West Stand Lower first half but for an Owen Farrell-like rugby tackle by a steward down by the hoarding on the seat-side; the tacklee hit the ground like the proverbial sack of spuds. I think the fan took issue with the ref over the relentless free-kicks being given for the so-obvious diving by Boro. 

From what I understand he had a £100 bet that he would get on the pitch!

I've really enjoyed both the Huddersfield and Boro home games so far. It's not fair to say that all those who stayed away are "fair weather" fans, or that they're all "moaners" - people will have genuine reasons for not coming back to PP yet and that's respectable.

However, just because not all fans who haven't come back are moaners, some of them are. Certainly from my corner of the East Stand there's a fair few who haven't come back who spent most of the previous seasons groaning and shouting at the players when a forward pass doesn't come off or we lose possession.

I've noticed a real togetherness over the last few home games - everyone seems to want to drive the team on and offer their support. We know we're under the cosh and it could be a long tough season but we can at least try our best to be supportive.

Fans were cracking again today. I only have two regrets.

1) I wish those in the concourse singing about Nigel Doughty had shut up.

2) I wish I’d grown some balls and slapped the very slappable head of the bloke in front of me who booed the anti-racism gesture before kick off.

Other than that, keep it up.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

2) I wish I’d grown some balls and slapped the very slappable head of the bloke in front of me who booed the anti-racism gesture before kick off.

Great support yet again. # proud. 

On 23/08/2021 at 10:04, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its a bit like on here. Some fans are generally supportive and encouraging others are more critical and prefer to point out the perceived faults. Both claim to be fans but I know which group I would rather have a drink with.

I’ve booked us a table at our usual spot darling.

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

@boycie told me your status had to be kept secret. 

15C2FE9B-FE69-4E15-9F56-FA8083036649.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its easy singing when you're winning, easy getting worked up against big teams or shouting when chasing a winner.

Today after 20 odd minutes, we were 0-2 down to minnows with away support in a taxi. And South Stand still sang & encouraged throughout, different class  ?

I'm sure our prospective American owners (whichever consortium) were most impressed

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Its easy singing when you're winning, easy getting worked up against big teams or shouting when chasing a winner.

Today after 20 odd minutes, we were 0-2 down to minnows with away support in a taxi. And South Stand still sang & encouraged throughout, different class  ?

I'm sure our prospective American owners (whichever consortium) were most impressed

About the only time we were outsung was during the one-minute's Remembrance Day silence.

4 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Yes that was pretty poor on their part spoiling an otherwise impeccable minute's silence.

Come off it. It was fans from the concourse with no idea it was going on… and why would they? Not even November yet, never mind the 11th. Just unfortunate. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Come off it. It was fans from the concourse with no idea it was going on… and why would they? Not even November yet, never mind the 11th. Just unfortunate. 

To be fair quite a few of their fans were trying to shut them up. Agreed that it seemed very early but I guess we don't have any home games before the 11th.