Oldest item of clothing that you still wear

dog

18 years ago as i left for The Philippines to meet and marry my wife, my mother gave me two pairs of very nice pants, one dark blue, the other cream beige.  The blue one's turned into work pants within a few years, but the beige still hangs in my closet and i wear them sometimes, but with care, as i want to keep them always.

I have a black tie from 1969. Fortunately, I don't have to get it out too often. I've got a pair of shoes from about 1987. Until a few years ago I had a t-shirt bought around 1980 that seemed to be made of something indestructible. My wife got sick of looking at it and she chucked it out. Most of my clothes have not been worn for at least 20 years so I should get rid of them. 

25 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I’ve now had 3 passports with me wearing the same shirt. 

Mrs Wolfie noticed it on the second one, so when I renewed again this year I deliberately wore it again just to annoy her. 

The best I can come up with is wearing the same shirts/shorts (various) on 2009 holiday snaps and 2020 holiday snaps.

Have to say, that is top trumps sir.  Well done.  ?

I’ve got a brown leather belt and a pair of chisel toed brogues I bought for an inordinate amount of money, from a flash shop on lake Como with Mrs Jono urging me on. (1999) still wear the shoes occasionally and the belt several times a week. No splits, no cracks, intrinsic quality beats a brand name any day.

22 hours ago, ramit said:

18 years ago as i left for The Philippines to meet and marry my wife, my mother gave me two pairs of very nice pants, one dark blue, the other cream beige.  The blue one's turned into work pants within a few years, but the beige still hangs in my closet and i wear them sometimes, but with care, as i want to keep them always.

Hold on there a minute @ramit - you were going to the Philippines to meet and marry your wife? So you hadn’t met her but had agreed to marry her? That’s one helluva great story. Especially if you’re still married.