Best penalty taker you've ever seen (for the rams that is)

winktheram

52 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I was at the game and behind the goal that Deano missed as well. Don’t think I was with the home fans as I recall 

You would’ve been. 
unless our memories are playing tricks. 

21 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Fantastic wasn't it? I was up in the Normanton watching it all unfold. Always expected him to score his pens.

Well I’d say it was but although there, I think I was on a stool other end of the ground ? it’s the t.v footage that brings back the memory, I believe I was knee high at the time. Can claim to have seen it though.

On 02/08/2021 at 11:37, Malty said:

In my life, eranio I’m sure scored a few.

idiakez of course, just loved that player.

Harry Wilson albeit for just one season.

i had confidence in all three above.

But all time of course for those two against Real Madrid … Charlie George. Shame I wasn’t alive when he played for us.

That's a shame! I was lucky enough to be there.... There are a few advantages of being an old git!

23 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I was. Were you in the home end then? pen was the opposite end to away. 

I was with Rams fans... so I could have let time convince me the penalty was infront of where we were sitting.

And also, confession time, we had gone to the game with a lass I fancied, so my attention wasnt all that I suspect.

On 03/08/2021 at 21:08, Ken Tram said:

How good was Wayne Rooney's penalty record?

I always felt confident when Chris Martin took them - but I don't know what his record was.

Apparently, it was 15 out of 21.

Always thought Martin was poo at them 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Always thought Martin was poo at them 

It's funny. I always had a good feeling when Chris Martin stepped up for a penalty! So, I was wondering if maybe you were remembering misses in key games!

According to transfermarkt, of the six penalties that he missed, we still won four, drew one, lost one. Maybe you were traumatised by one of the following matches (!?): 

Huddersfield 1 - 1 Derby (26.12.13)

Derby 0 - 3 Burnley (31.08.13)

Derby's record when Chris Martin took a penalty:

When he missed: W4 D1 L1 (=6)

When he scored: W9 D4 L0 (=13 )

When he took a penalty: W13 D5 L1

44 points out of a possible 57!

2.3 points per game!

Those were the days!

Overall: 13/19 penalties scored

(not 16/21, as I said earlier)

Edited by Ken Tram
Added points, and points per game!

But then ... Chris Martin ended up on the Referees' Briefing List* - as a player who gets themselves pushed over ... and we stopped being awarded penalties!

So maybe "@cannable", you were remembering that Chris Martin got worse at winning us penalties, rather than getting bad at scoring them?! ?

Having said all that, should a footballer be able to kick a stationary ball into the top corner from 12 yards? 

* I feel certain that there must be a Referees' Briefing List, but it is only an assumption!