2013-2021, £409m pumped into Fulham

David

In that time Shahid Khan has increased his net worth from $2.9bn to more than $8bn. He's very ambitious and looks determined to make Fulham an established club in the Premier League. I just think, unlike Leicester, he's not got the right people in place to make it happen. I have absolutely no problem with him spending money to make it happen - investment is good for football in my opinion.

Edited by Ambitious

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In that time Shahid Khan has increased his net worth from $2.9bn to more than $8bn. He's very ambitious and looks determined to make Fulham an established club in the Premier League. I just think, unlike Leicester, he's not got the right people in place to make it happen. I have absolutely no problem with him spending money to make it happen - investment is good for football in my opinion.

Just thinking of a man closer to home who also invested a lot of money into a football club, that possibly didn’t have the right people in place to be trusted with that money.

The scary thing is, that’s money given to Fulham in shares and loans, it won’t include revenue received whilst in the Premier League through TV deals and other streams.

Depending what is sat in the bank now, they could be pushing £1bn that’s been through the club, for what?

A new stand, training ground and back to the Championship where they are signing players on delayed payment schemes.

We have a fancy training ground and under embargo.

I don’t want to turn this into another Mel thread despite starting with the thread obviously about us, but it just shows the insane money being pumped into clubs, money that hasn’t really taken them anywhere and basically wasted, or in Sheffield Wednesday’s case to League 1.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Just thinking of a man closer to home who also invested a lot of money into a football club, that possibly didn’t have the right people in place to be trusted with that money.

The scary thing is, that’s money given to the club in shares and loans, it won’t include revenue received whilst in the Premier League through TV deals and other streams.

Depending what is sat in the bank now, they could be pushing £1bn that’s been through the club, for what?

A new stand, training ground and back to the Championship where they are signing players on delayed payment schemes.

We have a fancy training ground and under embargo.

I don’t want to turn this into another Mel thread despite starting with the thread obviously about us, but it just shows the insane money being pumped into clubs, money that hasn’t really taken them anywhere and basically wasted, or in Sheffield Wednesday’s case to League 1.

Agreed. I don't completely understand the converting debt into shares. I would assume in laymen's terms that it's a gift and would help the balance sheet with regards to P&S? I don't know. If it was that simple then surely Mel would've done something similar in the past to avoid all this nonsense we've had to endure over the past two years. 

I know Khan and Mel are in completely different situations. Mel looks to have gambled and now wants a quick exit. Khan is using Fulham to enhance his legacy - money isn't a huge concern to him so he will continue to do what it takes to make a success of it. It's a shame there isn't too many more of these types of people because we could really do with one! 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Agreed. I don't completely understand the converting debt into shares. I would assume in laymen's terms that it's a gift and would help the balance sheet with regards to P&S? I don't know. If it was that simple then surely Mel would've done something similar in the past to avoid all this nonsense we've had to endure over the past two years. 

I know Khan and Mel are in completely different situations. Mel looks to have gambled and now wants a quick exit. Khan is using Fulham to enhance his legacy - money isn't a huge concern to him so he will continue to do what it takes to make a success of it. It's a shame there isn't too many more of these types of people because we could really do with one! 

Yeah I barely get my head around the basics, others are far better suited to say he could, couldn’t or has.

Took another path in selling the stadium to himself as did Reading and Sheffield Wed, is that as he couldn’t afford to simply gift that amount of money or is there other benefits of doing it this way?

I’m no football accountant, just a football fan that can see things don’t look right at all. 

But we had our money, chance to do it, can’t begrudge other clubs for giving it a go. We’ve had a decent run of seasons being competitive but failing to go up, fine margins, but now we have to live with the consequences for a few years to get us back into a position where we can push again. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah I barely get my head around the basics, others are far better suited to say he could, couldn’t or has.

Took another path in selling the stadium to himself as did Reading and Sheffield Wed, is that as he couldn’t afford to simply gift that amount of money or is there other benefits of doing it this way?

I’m no football accountant, just a football fan that can see things don’t look right at all. 

But we had our money, chance to do it, can’t begrudge other clubs for giving it a go. We’ve had a decent run of seasons being competitive but failing to go up, fine margins, but now we have to live with the consequences for a few years to get us back into a position where we can push again. 

secure funding is an investment which ends up as capital rather than a loan.  If it all goes wrong secure funding is right at the back of a very long queue for repayment.  If it is lent in then it doesn't offset losses for P&S.

so the club need funding so they sell their stadium for x which offsets losses sufficiently to comply with P&S.  Remember this is a paper transaction, cash is completely different.  Mel hasn't paid for it as far as we know.  He could be funding the club by secure funding as he has done in the past (equity goes up)or by categorising it as a part loan repayment (money owed by Mel to the club goes down)