What to do about Rooney?

IslandExile

What to do about Rooney?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rooney can do what he likes at this point and until he gets bored, we've all got front row seats to the show. We aren't sacking him. He may go the first three months of the season without picking up a single point and he would still be employed.

Yep

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

As a married man of four, just why the heck when you have a spare night would you choose to go clubbing and stay in a hotel in Manchester instead of spending it with your wife/4 kids, especially when you have the worlds media looking at any chance to jump on you.

I simply don't get him.

Because he might catch Covid off his family.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

How can nothing changing be breaking news? 

Oh I don't know. After the past few months at Derby we'd take nothing changing. 

After all, with nothing changing we've had rows, fights, strops, ITKs, NITKs, I'm a better fan than yous, I've had enoughs and it's a disgraces. 

In fact, nothing happening has provoked more posts than ever! 

Maybe the great football Populus has to accept that Mr Rooney has a diss functional attitude towards being a married man with four children, how this impacts on his ability to manage a football club I don’t fully appreciate but he isn’t wired up the same as me.

None of the recent events have changed my opinion and whilst I don't think they are encouraging I can recognise that don't matter hugely in the grand scheme of things.

I'd sack him for results, style of play, questionable man management, seemingly lack of direction and lack of tactical nouse all off the back of last season. 99/100 managers who go through the run he did with what he had available to him do not get a second chance and are out of the door. 

But he will have at an absolute minimum the amount of time from now till we get taken over and likely a little bit of time beyond that to turn things around. Can he do it ? I have real doubts but we shall see.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

As a married man of four, just why the heck when you have a spare night would you choose to go clubbing and stay in a hotel in Manchester instead of spending it with your wife/4 kids, especially when you have the worlds media looking at any chance to jump on you.

I simply don't get him.

Because Colleen and the kids are on their hollybobs in Wales.

That said, I figure most in that situation would just go and enjoy the relative peace and quiet of an empty mansion for a change.

Or maybe Wayne's not deemed responsible enough to have a key?

21 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Interestingly paid £1 for the copyright of these images according to this article, if true they can start takedown requests against sites showing them, which I presume they will otherwise why sign that contract.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Interestingly paid £1 for the copyright of these images according to this article, if true they can start takedown requests against sites showing them, which I presume they will otherwise why sign that contract.

Yeah, you're probably right. Somehow I don't think they did it to have them blown up and hung in the living room!