What to do about Rooney?

IslandExile

What to do about Rooney?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t forget that, judging by the poll, there’s still a ridiculous amount of people that like him. 

It's surprising eh?

That's why I like polls. Gives the silent majority a chance to 'voice' their opinion.

Though, judging by some of the comments, it may include a number of people who want Rooney gone but feel we have no choice.

Also, I wonder about the number of jokers(?), the mavericks(?) who think this is fun and who want to extend his contract.

Just now, IslandExile said:

It's surprising eh?

That's why I like polls. Gives the silent majority a chance to 'voice' their opinion.

Though, judging by some of the comments, it may include a number of people who want Rooney gone but feel we have no choice.

Also, I wonder about the number of jokers(?), the mavericks(?) who think this is fun and who want to extend his contract.

It’s hardly a ringing endorsement is it .

Lets see how the season pans out .

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's surprising eh?

You're right, I do think the results would be different if there was a "money is no object" qualifier on his sacking.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's surprising eh?

I'm in that group, I think it'd be risky to spend the money to sack him so we have no choice to keep him until he resigns. Could add an option for "ask Rooney resign/leave by mutual consent with low payoff".

Edited by Tarantism

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I understand that argument.

But I just want him gone.

Didn't want him as a player in the first place. Gave him a chance when he first took over as manager. But his tactics, substitutions, results etc were appalling. Now it's just the media circus.

The club needs a reset. Ideally with a new - football/club focused - manager.

You need another category ‘would sack him for footballing reasons but recognise we can’t currently as we are skint’….

A few weeks of pre season for a new manager isn’t ideal, but it’s much better than having to bring someone in to fix a sunk ship come January after Wayne has finally walked.

Byrne, Jozwiak, Sibley, Bielik & Knight (when fit) are players that can be immense under a manager that actually knows what they’re doing.

Hopefully we can let him go by mutual consent, give him a small payoff and let McClaren sort this out.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Not really surprising.

Not quite enough to sack him for the weekend antics though it brought the club into disrepute the day he'd talked about restoring pride and dignity.

He should've been sacked for footballing reasons last season. Despite the mitigating circumstances, his performance as the manager was very poor.

30 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Not really surprising.

Not quite enough to sack him for the weekend antics though it brought the club into disrepute the day he'd talked about restoring pride and dignity.

He should've been sacked for footballing reasons last season. Despite the mitigating circumstances, his performance as the manager was very poor.

If we sacked him for this he would appeal and the circus would continue. Currently he is unsackable unfortunately…..very very lucky in my opinion…..