What to do about Rooney?

IslandExile

What to do about Rooney?  

245 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Given the situation we're in, I'm reluctantly in the let's see how the season pans out camp.

If I thought we had a chance of getting anyone with any sense to take the job, it'd be sack him for football reasons. Although that point was really last season and right now probably wouldn't help.

I understand that argument.

But I just want him gone.

Didn't want him as a player in the first place. Gave him a chance when he first took over as manager. But his tactics, substitutions, results etc were appalling. Now it's just the media circus.

The club needs a reset. Ideally with a new - football/club focused - manager.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

There's one thing worse than being talked about darling.

That's not being talked about.

Caper club for the world, imagine the hits a semi decent, not furloughed social media team could wring out of us!

Don’t think I’ve heard the word ‘caper’ since the late 1960s when ‘The Italian Job’ came out.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

With clumsy interventions (Knight), shenanigans with young ladies and the ready excuse that extraordinary circumstances render him blameless, it's increasingly like having Boris in charge. 

Don’t forget that, judging by the poll, there’s still a ridiculous amount of people that like him. 

A couple of questions.What legal grounds are there to get rid of him ?Where / Who is the money going to Come from to pay him off ? Some people just don’t seem to realise why we are in the mess we are. Ps I’m no Rooney fan.

8 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I'm not sure how anyone can do a job given the current sqaud? 

Don't you know? A 'proven manager' would have us top of this division.

Its like the time the fans were shouting from the rooftops to get Pearson in as manager and he was going to clear out the deadwood and get us promoted, and then afterwards lots of people rewrote history and said it was an awful appointment by MM.