Jack Wilshere - joined Aarhus

DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'd like to sign a player under the age of 25 and not at the end of their careers, if possible. And preferably not one more bad injury away from an early retirement.

I think the club have just learnt from 'The Joiners Incident'. 

A good night out now for the squad will be backgammon, bingo and early to bed ? 

I heard this the other day, but didn’t give it the time of day. He’s definitely not here to earn a contract, is he? He could go to the MLS and earn a mint rather than scrap it at the bottom of the Championship with our jokers. 

Technically a fantastic player that struggles to stay fit and motivated. Exactly the type of player we should avoid in our situation, in all honesty. Again, beggars can’t be choosers. 

25 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'd like to sign a player under the age of 25 and not at the end of their careers, if possible. And preferably not one more bad injury away from an early retirement.

I think last season we had too many under 25, the age bracket we should really be looking to bring players in at are 26-31ish, experienced pros who we will get a few years out of. Wilshere at 29 fits into this category as do Carroll, Morrison & Allsop with Aluko & Baldock at 32.

Our current average age by position is - 

GK - 32.50 (Roos, Marshall)

DEF - 27.00 (Byrne, Forsyth, Buchanan)

MID - 22.20 (Bielik, Shinnie, Bird, Knight, Sibley)

FWD - 28.00 (CKR, Jozwiak, Lawrence)

Edited by DCFC1388

Poor man's Will Hughes, but got to be worth a punt hasn't he? If (big if, I know) he stays fit then surely he's too good for Championship football? The way I expect deals are structured for players like this (i.e. those without clubs, dodgy injury records, looking to rehabilitate) it should be a low risk no brainer (I mean Ibe was in a similar boat and though it didn't work out, from what I've read it doesn't look like it was financially disastrous for us).