Jump to content

The latest from the club via Chris Coles


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Also don't agree.

If my boss did that to his missus then he would lose the respect of the whole office/team.

Clearly  you would still do your job but if the respect isn't there you wouldn't bust a gut for him would you, just do your job and eff off home.

Your boss may have already done that or worse, you won’t know though as it’s not made front page of the papers. 

I mean when you look at what Rooney has done over the years, this latest incident will be at the bottom of the list, it’s not like he’s been an angel and these shocking pictures will see people screaming I’ve lost all respect for you.

I also doubt for a second any respect has been lost in the dressing room.

We’ve had Rampant Jewell, Lampard has been in a sex tape with Dyer and Ferdinand, football is not littered men that have the best morals. 

As I said earlier, the player that smashed his car up drink driving just a year ago has now been made captain, now some will criticise the decision but I don’t see Rooney lying with claims of his leadership behind close doors. Yes we need to see it more on the pitch but that’s not the point here.

You can argue that Lawrence isn’t the manager, man at the top, but if players were to lose respect that easily over a few pics being asleep drunk, I’d argue that no players would respect Lawrence at all and would not have been made captain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, David said:

Your boss may have already done that or worse, you won’t know though as it’s not made front page of the papers. 

I mean when you look at what Rooney has done over the years, this latest incident will be at the bottom of the list, it’s not like he’s been an angel and these shocking pictures will see people screaming I’ve lost all respect for you.

I also doubt for a second any respect has been lost in the dressing room.

We’ve had Rampant Jewell, Lampard has been in a sex tape with Dyer and Ferdinand, football is not littered men that have the best morals. 

As I said earlier, the player that smashed his car up drink driving just a year ago has now been made captain, now some will criticise the decision but I don’t see Rooney lying with claims of his leadership behind close doors. Yes we need to see it more on the pitch but that’s not the point here.

You can argue that Lawrence isn’t the manager, man at the top, but if players were to lose respect that easily over a few pics being asleep drunk, I’d argue that no players would respect Lawrence at all and would not have been made captain.

Yeah but Lawrence has had to keep his head and build back his relationship with the fans since that incident.

I find it easier to accept Lawrence as Captain because he has moved on and shown humility after the incident.

Lawrence deserves his break imo because of the above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah but Lawrence has had to keep his head and build back his relationship with the fans since that incident.

I find it easier to accept Lawrence as Captain because he has moved on and shown humility after the incident.

Lawrence deserves his break imo because of the above.

I find it a little bizarre that you can forgive someone that could have killed himself, his teammates and innocent people on the road whilst being angered by the manager falling asleep in a hotel room drunk with 2 mates and some women. 

I mean the 2 are not even on the same scale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, David said:

I find it a little bizarre that you can forgive someone that could have killed himself, his teammates and innocent people on the road whilst being angered by the manager falling asleep in a hotel room drunk with 2 mates and some women. 

I mean the 2 are not even on the same scale.

I didn't say forgiven.

I said he had attempted to build some bridges and reform.

Wayne has just carried on being a plonker and seems unable or unwilling to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I didn't say forgiven.

I said he had attempted to build some bridges and reform.

Wayne has just carried on being a plonker and seems unable or unwilling to change.

How has he carried on being a plonker since it happened, he’s apologised to both the club and his family and said very little since. Or are you looking at his previous offences before he arrived at the club? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, David said:

How has he carried on being a plonker since it happened, he’s apologised to both the club and his family and said very little since. Or are you looking at his previous offences before he arrived at the club? 

Well yes,I'm hoping that in the six days since the last incident he hasn't been able to get up to anything again??🤞

Prior to that his adventures had wide and varied with apparently no end date forthcoming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well yes,I'm hoping that in the six days since the last incident he hasn't been able to get up to anything again??🤞

Prior to that his adventures had wide and varied with apparently no end date forthcoming.

Steve McClaren had a 3 month affair whilst he was married, Chris Martin banned from 68 pubs, I mean we haven’t always had squeaky clean men at the club.

Still not exactly sure what he has meant to have done wrong this time. 

Out with mates, have a few drinks, invite some women to his table, are his mates single unknown to paparazzi men where Rooney used his status to get the women to the table? What a naughty boy.

All go to a hotel room, Rooney fully dressed falls asleep on the chair. Is that the crime here, falling asleep? 

Pictures of his mates not posted on social media as they have no headline grabbing status.

I mean if he’s stripped naked, wearing makeup, with the women snorting coke off his arse cheeks has he takes a hit from a bong I could maybe understand it.

I haven’t seen headlines of Colleen leaves family home, spotted not wearing her wedding ring as we’ve seen previously, so if his wife has presumably forgiven him, why are we creating page after page on the internet laying into him.

I just don’t get it Kash, forgive me if I’m wrong but it all feels like an overblown situation by those that don’t want Rooney as manager. Probably best we agree to disagree on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure I can get too sanctimonious about Rooney's so-called behaviour, given that at least one of the female participants seems to have deliberately targeted him, in order to further her "career" as an Instagram influencer. 

I just think he's a bit silly to be relaxing in public after a long hard day at work. Probably been up since 5 am, had little to eat and a drink too many. Not entirely sure what else he has done wrong, tbh. As for those girls, as @David said "Ugh"!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, David said:

Steve McClaren had a 3 month affair whilst he was married, Chris Martin banned from 68 pubs, I mean we haven’t always had squeaky clean men at the club.

Still not exactly sure what he has meant to have done wrong this time. 

Out with mates, have a few drinks, invite some women to his table, are his mates single unknown to paparazzi men where Rooney used his status to get the women to the table? What a naughty boy.

All go to a hotel room, Rooney fully dressed falls asleep on the chair. Is that the crime here, falling asleep? 

Pictures of his mates not posted on social media as they have no headline grabbing status.

I mean if he’s stripped naked, wearing makeup, with the women snorting coke off his arse cheeks has he takes a hit from a bong I could maybe understand it.

I haven’t seen headlines of Colleen leaves family home, spotted not wearing her wedding ring as we’ve seen previously, so if his wife has presumably forgiven him, why are we creating page after page on the internet laying into him.

I just don’t get it Kash, forgive me if I’m wrong but it all feels like an overblown situation by those that don’t want Rooney as manager. Probably best we agree to disagree on this.

Fair enough and I'm sure my views on him are coloured by our performances.

But....I do find it disrespectful of him to be acting as he did when he's our gaffer and we are already in the mire as a club and pretty much a laughing stock amongst our competitors.

He obviously didn't do anything massively wrong or even marriage threatening in his case (although I'd have to say that Colleen appears to be an extremely understanding woman) but he knows everything he does is scrutinised and watched and yet he still does what he does and it reflects on Derby.

But,let's hope it's behind us and him.

Anyway,end of as I'm looking forwards to facing notts county tomorrow and it will be good to see the squad and support the lads 👍

 

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not sure I can get too sanctimonious about Rooney's so-called behaviour, given that at least one of the female participants seems to have deliberately targeted him, in order to further her "career" as an Instagram influencer. 

I just think he's a bit silly to be relaxing in public after a long hard day at work. Probably been up since 5 am, had little to eat and a drink too many. Not entirely sure what else he has done wrong, tbh. As for those girls, as @David said "Ugh"!

Maybe he had eaten as there was a 'good Wayne' article in the Sun too:

"GENEROUS WAYNE  Wayne Rooney drank wine and paid for fans’ food just hours before hotel room snaps revealed."

As for the girls they also apologised and gave the photos over to Rooney (for a £1), unlike the Instagram 'model' who didn't. Perhaps they were 'star struck' (and drunk)?

For anyone who is interested - I knew little of Colleen, I know a little more - there's a decent article on her in the Sun (what?!)...

Coleen Rooney is Wayne's 'rock and moral barometer' - he only strays when she's away on holiday, says friend (thesun.co.uk)

Edited by RoyMac5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I didn't say forgiven.

I said he had attempted to build some bridges and reform.

Wayne has just carried on being a plonker and seems unable or unwilling to change.

What Lawrence did had a huge impact on the Club from a playing point of view. Rooneys' stupid and naieve actions haven't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe he had eaten as there was a 'good Wayne' article in the Sun too:

"GENEROUS WAYNE  Wayne Rooney drank wine and paid for fans’ food just hours before hotel room snaps revealed."

As for the girls they also apologised and gave the photos over to Rooney (for a £1), unlike the Instagram 'model' who didn't. Perhaps they were 'star struck' (and drunk)?

For anyone who is interested - I knew little of Colleen, I know a little more - there's a decent article on her in the Sun (what?!)...

Coleen Rooney is Wayne's 'rock and moral barometer' - he only strays when she's away on holiday, says friend (thesun.co.uk)

I'm similar to be honest. When the current Mrs Rev has a night away, it's party central in my house. 

Sometimes it gets so debauched I don't load the dishwasher until the following morning.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe he had eaten as there was a 'good Wayne' article in the Sun too:

"GENEROUS WAYNE  Wayne Rooney drank wine and paid for fans’ food just hours before hotel room snaps revealed."

As for the girls they also apologised and gave the photos over to Rooney (for a £1), unlike the Instagram 'model' who didn't. Perhaps they were 'star struck' (and drunk)?

For anyone who is interested - I knew little of Colleen, I know a little more - there's a decent article on her in the Sun (what?!)...

Coleen Rooney is Wayne's 'rock and moral barometer' - he only strays when she's away on holiday, says friend (thesun.co.uk)

What can I say,that's completely changed my opinion of him.

Jesus Christ GIF

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

I am much more concerned with the state of play with the EFL and Mel Morris and if we can sign any players or not? Rather than who Rooney spends his evenings with...

I agree with Roy Mac, judge Wazza by his results on the pitch….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David said:

Steve McClaren had a 3 month affair whilst he was married, Chris Martin banned from 68 pubs, I mean we haven’t always had squeaky clean men at the club.

Still not exactly sure what he has meant to have done wrong this time. 

Out with mates, have a few drinks, invite some women to his table, are his mates single unknown to paparazzi men where Rooney used his status to get the women to the table? What a naughty boy.

All go to a hotel room, Rooney fully dressed falls asleep on the chair. Is that the crime here, falling asleep? 

Pictures of his mates not posted on social media as they have no headline grabbing status.

I mean if he’s stripped naked, wearing makeup, with the women snorting coke off his arse cheeks has he takes a hit from a bong I could maybe understand it.

I haven’t seen headlines of Colleen leaves family home, spotted not wearing her wedding ring as we’ve seen previously, so if his wife has presumably forgiven him, why are we creating page after page on the internet laying into him.

I just don’t get it Kash, forgive me if I’m wrong but it all feels like an overblown situation by those that don’t want Rooney as manager. Probably best we agree to disagree on this.

68 pubs in Beccles? Take it you havent been 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.