Rooney is one of us

Big Trav

It’s clear to see that Mel has abandoned us, rooney and the players. When we eventually do protest either in the game or after the game. I don’t want to see any abuse aimed at rooney. Yes you might not think his tactics are good or whatever you want to criticise him about. But at the end of the day he’s been abandoned. Not allowed to renew contracts. Not allowed to sign players. Promises of takeovers. He should walk tbh. It’s a shitshow. The real problem here isn’t the players or the management. It’s the people at the top MM and SP. there are who we demand answers from. They have severed the ties between the fans and themselves 

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

It’s clear to see that Mel has abandoned us, rooney and the players. When we eventually do protest either in the game or after the game. I don’t want to see any abuse aimed at rooney. Yes you might not think his tactics are good or whatever you want to criticise him about. But at the end of the day he’s been abandoned. Not allowed to renew contracts. Not allowed to sign players. Promises of takeovers. He should walk tbh. It’s a shitshow. The real problem here isn’t the players or the management. It’s the people at the top MM and SP. there are who we demand answers from. They have severed the ties between the fans and themselves 

If we’ve been abandoned then who’s paying the wages? 

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Not sure how Morris can walk as he can't just find some random person in the Eagle Centre and say here you go mate you're in charge of the club now?

The best solution IMHO which I'll probably get shot down for is that Morris realises that he needs unfortunately to spend more of his wonga to make the club a decent going concern for someone to want to come and take it off his hands.

At the moment he's damaging any prospect of that happening and more importantly for the fans he's intrinsically damaging the club as well. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure how Morris can walk as he can't just find some random person in the Eagle Centre and say here you go mate you're in charge of the club now?

The best solution IMHO which I'll probably get shot down for is that Morris realises that he needs unfortunately to spend more of his wonga to make the club a decent going concern for someone to want to come and take it off his hands.

At the moment he's damaging any prospect of that happening and more importantly for the fans he's intrinsically damaging the club as well. 

I don’t see it that way sorry. 

He’s trying to sell the club rather than take us into Administration which I mentioned ages ago on here and go lambasted for  

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No i think you are right,Morris as not got a cat in hells chance of selling the club in the state were in,we still have to provide our accounts yet to the EFL that still might mean points deductions no one knows yet whats going on and were two weeks away from the new season

I have supported this club the best part of fifty years not only are we in utter shambles we are becoming an embarrassment,never have i not looked forward to a new season other than this one,for me were nailed on relegation

As for Rooney he can only work with the tools he as,if he got any other offer elsewhere i suspect he be gone in a flash 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The OP said that he thinks Morris should walk? 

36 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Mel has made many mistakes, especially in recent times, one of the biggest being appointing Rooney when he did. We were in a very difficult position and needed a wise old head with experience, not a novice without even his training badges. You can’t blame Rooney for not being up to the job or for taking a job he was simply not qualified to do. We need a root and branch overhaul of the whole club, ownership, management team and players….then hopefully we can move forward.

When Rooney was appointed I wanted to give him a fair crack of the whip but like others accepted we probably made a mistake in not bringing in a more experienced manager as last season panned out the way it did. Since then our situation off the pitch is even worse than we perhaps all realised and changing the current manager to find a new one who might manage the complexities of the current situation off the pitch better than the current one is pretty unlikely. People mention McClaren taking the reigns which is a non starter for me. When Mac managed us before by his own admittance he had an oven ready team ready to go which just need some seasoning. It is widely acknowledged that he is a great coach but if things off the field are slightly iffy he is incredibly flakey and a poor man manager. He is also well known for being a careerist and I don’t think he would have the stomach to take over the current squad because he won’t believe he can do anything with them. That leaves us pondering our reality vs our expectation. Who could we realistically get to come and manage us that wouldn’t be arguably be a) not another huge gamble b). create more upheaval for the players c) attract any kind of player to even consider joining us in the current circumstances. 
I don’t buy the argument that Rooney is just creating a story for himself to enable him to walk away reputation intact. He could have done that weeks ago before putting in all the work that goes into a preseason. Outside of DCFC the vast majority would have a sympathetic outlook and the more likely view would be that the club has damaged  Rooney, not the other way around (this isn’t my view btw). I think that he can be given some credit for sticking by the club and more importantly the current players who let’s face it are in a desperate situation and a penny for their thoughts. Do I think Rooney is or will be a brilliant manager? Probably not. Do I think we need to take more risks, throw another curve ball at a threadbare squad lacking in experience and ability to bring in someone else who won’t have the ability to change any of that? Definitely not. 

Edited by Orphanram

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

When Rooney was appointed I wanted to give him a fair crack of the whip but like others accepted we probably made a mistake in not bringing in a more experienced manager as last season panned out the way it did. Since then our situation off the pitch is even worse than we perhaps all realised and changing the current manager to find a new one who might manage the complexities of the current situation off the pitch better than the current one is pretty unlikely. People mention McClaren taking the reigns which is a non starter for me. When Mac managed us before by his own admittance he had an oven ready team ready to go which just need some seasoning. It is widely acknowledged that he is a great coach but if things off the field are slightly iffy he is incredibly flakey and a poor man manager. He is also well known for being a careerist and I don’t think he would have the stomach to take over the current squad because he won’t believe he can do anything with them. That leaves us pondering our reality vs our expectation. Who could we realistically get to come and manage us that wouldn’t be arguably be a) not another huge gamble b). create more upheaval for the players c) attract any kind of player to even consider joining us in the current circumstances. 
I don’t buy the argument that Rooney is just creating a story for himself to enable him to walk away reputation intact. He could have done that weeks ago before putting in all the work that goes into a preseason. Outside of DCFC the vast majority would all ready take a sympathetic outlook and the more likely view would be that the club has damaged  Rooney, not the other way around (this isn’t my view btw). I think that he can be given some credit for sticking by the club and more importantly the current players who let’s face it are in a desperate situation and a penny for their thoughts. Do I think Rooney is or will be a brilliant manager? Probably not. Do I think we need to take more risks, throw another curve ball at a threadbare squad lacking in experience and ability to bring in someone else who won’t have the ability to change any of that? Definitely not. 

Rooney's post match comments came across as thinly-veiled criticism of those managing the club. 

Whilst saying he wouldn’t walk away perhaps he was hoping to annoy them enough to sack him. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Rooney's post match comments came across as thinly-veiled criticism of those managing the club. 

Whilst saying he wouldn’t walk away perhaps he was hoping to annoy them enough to sack him. 

Who knows but I didn’t get that sense. It think if Rooney ended up look to wrangle a payout from a sacking then that would add some baggage to his managerial reputation 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Absolutely spot on

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I said this all through last season. Doesn't matter what manager we have, they're set up to fail. We can't keep blaming managers. It's the man at the top who put us in this mess and nothing will change until he is out of this club.

I totally agree. At the moment who ever is the manager is set up to fail under these circumstances. I mean how can any manager be competitive without a senior centre back?