Jason Knight

hope60

If they were sensible, the EFL would allow clubs who have players with mid to long term injuries the option to bring in a 6 month loan or offer a free agent a 6 month contract, so the player can recover without the pressure of being bought back too soon.

Obviously this should only be an emergency measure for clubs who’s numbers drop under the 23 due to a long term injury.

Edited by Ramarena

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If they were sensible, the EFL would allow clubs who have players with mid to long term injuries the option to bring in a 6 month loan or offer a free agent a 6 month contract, so the player can recover without the pressure of being bought back too soon.

Obviously this should only be an emergency measure for clubs who’s numbers drop under the 23 due to a long term injury.

There's a flaw in that plan

Expecting the EFL to be sensible....

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Only problem with that is it would bring in an additional wage burden, and the whole point of an EFL embargo on signings is to control costs. 

30 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Only problem with that is it would bring in an additional wage burden, and the whole point of an EFL embargo on signings is to control costs. 

Very true, but at the same time the problems that could stem from long term injuries that aren’t replaced could be even more financially devastating if a club gets relegated, than having an extra player or so on a 6 month restricted wage contract.

Rock and a hard place but I side on the allowing teams with limited squads a temporary reprieve.

Edited by Ramarena

33 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The one thing we do not have, at the moment, is a wage burden. Not only do we have very few senior players but most of our largest earners have left. We have an income burden, but then so does every other club in all 4 leagues.

This is the best opportunity we’ve had for several years to control our wages for the foreseeable future even if we take on 4/5 senior players.  

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Loans may have helped when Hughes and Thorne were out injured instead of us splashing the cash on Johnson and Butterfield.

In other news, 20-20 hindsight is ok, but I would rather have had 20-20 foresight given how my life has turned out.

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I said last week that I had heard he would be out for 3 months which is probably why we are looking at so many midfielders currently

he will be missed 

This has taken some sparkle off the preseason in my opinion. The most efficient way to cut wages is to have no players to pay. Just saying.