Tamworth

Sean

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

You’ve ruined the image now for anyone not familiar with Tamworth by mentioning Jewsons.

I deliberately didn’t say that Tamworth station is a 1960’s monstrosity in the hope that some may conjure up this image of a quaint medieval town. ?

Best not to mention the kerria then ?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

What amazing times these must have been. I live near Queenhithe in London which Alfred the Great used as the docks when repopulating London 30 years earlier. How had the great Roman walled city of London come to have been abandoned? If it weren't for Alfred, would we nowadays be thought part of Scandinavia with our proud Viking heritage?

Maybe we could align our current plight with Alfreds escape to the Somerset marshes, Guthrum and the Danes could be played by Steve Gibson and the EFL!

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Apparently in 1337 a man called John le White junior was fined 2d for “evacuating his bowels to the abomination of neighbours and passers-by".

So there you have it. Who says nothing of any note happens in Tamworth. 

I think there are places in Tamworth where that still occurs. Not in the posh bit where I live of course. 

9 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Sir Robert Peel twice Prime Minister and father of the modern police force and also happens to share his surname with me

Was he not the MP for Tamworth? Born in Ramsbottom I thought. Sorry, Tamworth

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

This is indeed erudite stuff. Are you sure you've logged onto the right site? You're taking this Board to a too high a level and @David will start to worry. ?

8 hours ago, David said:

I don’t understand a word of his post. 

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

What amazing times these must have been. I live near Queenhithe in London which Alfred the Great used as the docks when repopulating London 30 years earlier. How had the great Roman walled city of London come to have been abandoned? If it weren't for Alfred, would we nowadays be thought part of Scandinavia with our proud Viking heritage?

I’m fun at parties. 
Bill Gates Microsoft GIF

8 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Best not to mention the kerria then ?

The Kerria centre,Jesus....that place was a nightmare in the heroin ridden 90's,what a dump.

And the old nicks been closed for a year,sold on to developers.The bobbies lice at the fire station now in line with today's budget cuts.

Tamworth was once just a quaint market town until birmingham city council paid to house their overspill there in the 60's/70's...and they didn't send their most desirable residents over to stay!

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

11 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Maybe we could align our current plight with Alfreds escape to the Somerset marshes, Guthrum and the Danes could be played by Steve Gibson and the EFL!

Now we just need to burn their ships! Then they'll be sorry.

Seriously, when the time comes, whenever that time is, I do want to make them pay.

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The Kerria centre,Jesus....that place was a nightmare in the heroin ridden 90's,what a dump.

And the old nicks been closed for a year,sold on to developers.The bobbies lice at the fire station now in line with today's budget cuts.

Tamworth was once just a quaint market town until birmingham city council paid to house their overspill there in the 60's/70's...and they didn't send their most desirable residents over to stay!

Yes most of it has been built over now but some of it still remains , are you from tamworth too? I coach a football team right by that fire station on Saturday mornings 

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Now we just need to burn their ships! Then they'll be sorry.

Seriously, when the time comes, whenever that time is, I do want to make them pay.

Derby county handed extended embargo as punishment after Mel Morris sinks Gibson and Parry’s super yacht’s!