Out Of Contract

DCFC1388

Derby have an option to extend Buchanan contract next summer so effectively two years left (according to DET) so no rush to sell this summer

Byrne is such a hard one… our most creative player but also at peak age for value and leaving for nothing next summer… it’s a keep for me just because he is that good (relative to all our players in other positions)

Ryan Conway reported the bid was less than £1m which is a complete joke. Even if we have an HMRC bill we’re struggling to pay (only speculation) then this wouldn’t even make a dent. 

Forest trying a sneaky one taking advantage of our situation. If there wasn’t bad blood already there should be rivers of it now between the two clubs, especially as they probably backed the EFL action against us.

Maranakis seems to still be investing, no problem finding cash, wonder if the EFL are doing due diligence on the source of it ?

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Quite a good photoshop as others have said. Someone dug out the mirror article from a couple of years ago where he said he’s supported Derby since he was a kid.

I’m glad you’ve said that.  When my lad showed it me, I said it could be photoshopped.  He reckoned it wasn’t and as I know duck all about this type of stuff so I had no choice but to accept everything I see on SM.  Added to the story about Celtic being after Byrne, I was in a right pickle for a while.

15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ryan Conway reported the bid was less than £1m which is a complete joke. Even if we have an HMRC bill we’re struggling to pay (only speculation) then this wouldn’t even make a dent. 

Forest trying a sneaky one taking advantage of our situation. If there wasn’t bad blood already there should be rivers of it now between the two clubs, especially as they probably backed the EFL action against us.

Maranakis seems to still be investing, no problem finding cash, wonder if the EFL are doing due diligence on the source of it ?

You can't really blame them though