Out Of Contract

DCFC1388

With the talk of interest in Buchanan I had a look at who run out of contract at the end of this season. With the embargo we're unable to extend these deals for any more than another year or for more than 11.5k so any of the below could surely be sold this summer?

Marshall

CKR

Byrne

Buchanan

Lawrence

Forsyth

Shinnie

Roos

Lawrence is definitely staying. I can't really see any of the others going as they wouldn't fetch a huge fee. Buchanan possibly but surely we wouldn't sell one of our best prospects. We can't even reinvest the money at this point. 

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With the talk of interest in Buchanan I had a look at who run out of contract at the end of this season. With the embargo we're unable to extend these deals for any more than another year or for more than 11.5k so any of the below could surely be sold this summer?

Marshall

CKR

Byrne

Buchanan

Lawrence

Forsyth

Shinnie

Roos

Who would you want to pay £11.5k/week for out of that list? 

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Lawrence is definitely staying. I can't really see any of the others going as they wouldn't fetch a huge fee. Buchanan possibly but surely we wouldn't sell one of our best prospects. We can't even reinvest the money at this point. 

Might be able to pay a bit of tax though, or perhaps the wages next week. Maybe Keogh’s compensation falls due for settlement this month. We have no idea what financial pressures the Rams are under. In Mel we trust. How much is the metal worth in Steve Bloomer’s statue?

We’ll risk them running their contracts down in the hope we get the embargo lifted at some point. As others have said we can’t reinvest the cash in the team due to the embargo.

I think Buchanan will go for compensation next summer. Hopefully to the premier league. Lawrence might agree a new deal before next summer.

Of the others I’d only keep Byrne.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We’ll risk them running their contracts down in the hope we get the embargo lifted at some point. As others have said we can’t reinvest the cash in the team due to the embargo.

I think Buchanan will go for compensation next summer. Hopefully to the premier league. Lawrence might agree a new deal before next summer.

Of the others I’d only keep Byrne.

Who said anything about reinvesting any cash we receive?

More pressing matters than that apparently.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Might be able to pay a bit of tax though, or perhaps the wages next week. Maybe Keogh’s compensation falls due for settlement this month. We have no idea what financial pressures the Rams are under. In Mel we trust. How much is the metal worth in Steve Bloomer’s statue?

We won’t sell any of them unless we have to for the reasons you suggest. It would prove we are in serious serious trouble as a club if Buchanan particularly was sold for a song to the arch enemy 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Who said anything about reinvesting any cash we receive?

More pressing matters than that apparently.

Yes like actually having a team of 11 players to play the season.

Point is we don’t gain anything by selling him. It would mean serious serious problems if we did - which whatever your opinion is just speculation at this point. 

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes like actually having a team of 11 players to play the season.

Point is we don’t gain anything by selling him. It would mean serious serious problems if we did - which whatever your opinion is just speculation at this point. 

Might gain another months grace from  receiving a winding up petition from HMRC. And yes I agree if we did have to sell him then yes we would truly be in dire straits. But agreed it's just conjecture at the moment.

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

£300 quid. 

Not helpful though, as Mel owns the ground, not us.