The Hundred.

Rev

Good to see Luis Reece playing last night, so them stealing our players doesn’t feel like a waste of everybody’s time....oh wait ? Du Plooy not been in a team either, so whilst Derbyshire have played 3 games struggling to find a batsman, 2 of our best have been no where near a cricket pitch. Great stuff.

19 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

It has no connection to current teams unless you live local to one of the test ground franchises. Like Rammieib I support Derbyshire not a made up team for Notts etc  
Designed to try and undermine the less “fashionable “ counties IMO 

That’s why I don’t like it. 

Again, no problem with peoples opinions. You do you.

Its when that misery is directed at people trying to enjoy it, like you can't enjoy this without having to go and watch 20/20 first. Maybe I'm lucky as my counties ground and a few of their players are being used so there is more of a connection. Any excuse to go watch cricket at Headingley on a Saturday is good enough for me, cringey DJ's and branding aside. 

35 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Again, no problem with peoples opinions. You do you.

Its when that misery is directed at people trying to enjoy it, like you can't enjoy this without having to go and watch 20/20 first. Maybe I'm lucky as my counties ground and a few of their players are being used so there is more of a connection. Any excuse to go watch cricket at Headingley on a Saturday is good enough for me, cringey DJ's and branding aside. 

I've got no problem with people wanting to watch it, my family members enjoyed their trip to Trent Bridge, and plan to go Edgbaston next. If your a fan of the bigger test venue clubs, it's just more cricket I suppose.

My main problem is it being the start of a movement to streamline the teams in all formats, which I can see happening. Without Derbyshire, I don't watch cricket anymore, I have no interest in watching a team based in Nottingham or anywhere else.

Too many low scoring matches to catch the eye of the casual fan.

Kids tune in to see the ball clearing the rope every other ball, not slow bowlers keeping it tight.

It's cricket, but somehow purer cricket than they set out for.

Makes T20 look like a test match.

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Too many low scoring matches to catch the eye of the casual fan.

Kids tune in to see the ball clearing the rope every other ball, not slow bowlers keeping it tight.

It's cricket, but somehow purer cricket than they set out for.

Makes T20 look like a test match.

Playing the T20’s in August rather than June weekdays is the answer to getting more bums on seats, and the have some of the games on the BBC for everyone to watch. 

They always harp on about county crickets purpose being finding and preparing players for England. What's this competition preparing them for? Meanwhile all our best and most promising players arent playing 50 over cricket for the 2nd year in a row. I just don't get the thinking. 

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Playing the T20’s in August rather than June weekdays is the answer to getting more bums on seats, and the have some of the games on the BBC for everyone to watch. 

They always harp on about county crickets purpose being finding and preparing players for England. What's this competition preparing them for? Meanwhile all our best and most promising players arent playing 50 over cricket for the 2nd year in a row. I just don't get the thinking. 

1. Kill off small counties.

2. not be T20 so we can have control of the format.

I struggle to see the thinking beyond those 2 points. Oh silly graphics and DJs, because the youth like silly graphics and DJs and don't like anything with depth....

• 2 weeks later...