Jump to content

Who will be our first signing?


 Share

Recommended Posts

It would be interesting to know how fellow supporters rank the importance of the current trialists, assuming we sign them.

I can’t help but feel Jags is the most important. Not only are we desperately short on defenders, but his experience could play a vital role too.

I know we need another striker and attackers, but I’d place Carroll over Aluko and Baldock. I think we need to place greater importance of adding creativity in midfield over flushing out options in attack. Carroll is a potential vital first-teamer, whereas Aluko and Baldock would surely be squad players only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It would be interesting to know how fellow supporters rank the importance of the current trialists, assuming we sign them.

I can’t help but feel Jags is the most important. Not only are we desperately short on defenders, but his experience could play a vital role too.

I know we need another striker and attackers, but I’d place Carroll over Aluko and Baldock. I think we need to place greater importance of adding creativity in midfield over flushing out options in attack. Carroll is a potential vital first-teamer, whereas Aluko and Baldock would surely be squad players only?

Agreed , although unless we have a better striker the creativity will be wasted I fear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

It would be interesting to know how fellow supporters rank the importance of the current trialists, assuming we sign them.

I can’t help but feel Jags is the most important. Not only are we desperately short on defenders, but his experience could play a vital role too.

I know we need another striker and attackers, but I’d place Carroll over Aluko and Baldock. I think we need to place greater importance of adding creativity in midfield over flushing out options in attack. Carroll is a potential vital first-teamer, whereas Aluko and Baldock would surely be squad players only?

Jagielka

Davies

Morrison

Carroll

Aluko

Baldock

Wisdom

Stearman

Allsop

2 CBs are absolutely vital. I personally don't rate Wisdom and Stearman anywhere near Jags and Davies.

I'm not too keen on Baldock either - a decent striker would be 3rd for me, otherwise.

And I wouldn't say Morrison and Carroll were absolutely necessary, but I think they can both add something to the team immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got told by an underling at DCFC that we are signing 2 players today. 

Not putting much faith in that or claiming to be ITK.

Seemed odd to me as surely we would sign 4 or 5 all at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sage said:

Got told by an underling at DCFC that we are signing 2 players today. 

Not putting much faith in that or claiming to be ITK.

Seemed odd to me as surely we would sign 4 or 5 all at once.

That's a teaser line. Did said underling have any idea which 2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's a teaser line. Did said underling have any idea which 2?

Got told a big name and a younger player. They hear rumours all the time, so don't get too excited 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It would be interesting to know how fellow supporters rank the importance of the current trialists, assuming we sign them.

I can’t help but feel Jags is the most important. Not only are we desperately short on defenders, but his experience could play a vital role too.

I know we need another striker and attackers, but I’d place Carroll over Aluko and Baldock. I think we need to place greater importance of adding creativity in midfield over flushing out options in attack. Carroll is a potential vital first-teamer, whereas Aluko and Baldock would surely be squad players only?

In our current situation then Jagielka all day long. Looks classy at this level, looks fit enough (never been blessed with pace anyway), model professional, bags of experience and sends out a message we aren't a complete unprofessional basket case of a club if he is willing to sign. 

With Knight out, I'd put Carroll second. Another confident-on-the-ball body in midfield and is experienced enough at a higher level to bring through our young prospects. 

Morrison 3rd. Could be amazing and has been putting in a shift. But we do have Lawrence, Jozwiak, Sibley etc already in the 'mercurial, potential match winner but not producing regularly' category already. 

Aluko looks a handy squad player so 4th I suppose, but a proper goal scoring striker is a bigger priority and he isn't it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sage said:

Got told by an underling at DCFC that we are signing 2 players today. 

Not putting much faith in that or claiming to be ITK.

Seemed odd to me as surely we would sign 4 or 5 all at once.

I for one appreciate people sharing unsubstantiated rumours like this. That's genuine, even though it does sound like I'm taking the pee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will see some signings soon but it makes sense for Rooney to wait until after the Notts County game before sorting out the deals, the side that starts that game may give us a clue as to who plays.

Centre backs are the number one priority, the forward players don’t excite me to be honest and I’m still puzzled by the Allsop trial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Hopefully we will see some signings soon but it makes sense for Rooney to wait until after the Notts County game before sorting out the deals, the side that starts that game may give us a clue as to who plays.

Centre backs are the number one priority, the forward players don’t excite me to be honest and I’m still puzzled by the Allsop trial.

Have I missed a development...We can't sign anyone yet can we?

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Have I missed a development...We can't sign anyone yet can we under the embargo

We can sign 4 players unless I’ve missed a development? I’m on holiday so I’m not really looking at it all this week.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.