Jump to content

It's not 5 it's 4! Choose again.


RoyMac5
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the DET link:

GOALKEEPERS

Kelle Roos, David Marshall

DEFENDERS

Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Lee Buchanan, Kornell McDonald, Festy Ebosele

MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Shinnie, Jason Knight, Krystian Bielik, Max Bird, Louie Watson, Issac Hutchinson, Louie Sibley, Jordan Brown

FORWARDS:

Colin Kazim-Richards, Tom Lawerence, Kamil Jozwiak, Jack Stretton

Hutchinson not made a first team app other than chorley?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

For me Aluko is a waste of a signing if it’s limited to 4. He looks to me as someone who will only operate as a right sided winger and he’ll only be behind Joz in the pecking order. 

If it’s 4 from 8 it can’t afford to be someone who’s not an automatic starter…..for me if Joz is injured we’d have Sibley in that role.

Curtis is nailed on as is Morrison so I’d expect it to be those two plus Baldock as a back up striker who can also play wide and Jagielka.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Edited by DCFC1388
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

😂 yeah I realise how that looks…

What I mean by that is I think CFs are much like GKs where you are only gonna play 1 but you definitely need a back up!!! With the shortage of CFs we have CKR will need a break and so a second striker is essential whereas we have several options for someone to play wide right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He played for Southend before we signed him.

 

30 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Hutchinson not made a first team app other than chorley?

He played 40 times for Southend mainly in league 1 as a teenager…which is probably the main reason we bought him…so we can hardly claim that as harsh or unjust for him to be included in the ‘professional standing’ list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

😂 yeah I realise how that looks…

What I mean by that is I think CFs are much like GKs where you are only gonna play 1 but you definitely need a back up!!! With the shortage of CFs we have CKR will need a break and so a second striker is essential whereas we have several options for someone to play wide right. 

🤣 to be honest I knew exactly what you meant by it, a back up CF is more important than a back up winger which I agree with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Carnero said:

Davies, Jagielka, Wisdom, Morrison.

It's Jack Stretton's season to shine.

Looks to release or find clubs for Hutchinson, J.Brown, Watson.

Iy may be Stretton's season to shine, but in the Championship....really?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

🤣 to be honest I knew exactly what you meant by it, a back up CF is more important than a back up winger which I agree with

I agree with this as well, we do need some coverage up top. I was only throwing Aluko's name in out the mix of the current trailists I feel he is versatile than Baldock (as I thought he had played as a CF occasionally in the past as well as out wide).

Let's see if we get linked to any other fowards.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I agree with this as well, we do need some coverage up top. I was only throwing Aluko's name in out the mix of the current trailists I feel he is versatile than Baldock (as I thought he had played as a CF occasionally in the past as well as out wide).

Let's see if we get linked to any other fowards.

 

Liam Delap been linked.

Wouldnt be shocked if we're linked again to Keinan Davis nor if Niasse comes in on trial as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, rynny said:

The 4 signings are to cover the first few games of the season, this isn't all we are going to sign the whole window.

On that basis I would bring in Jagielka and Davies for CB (Cashin as back up) Morrison to add some creativity, then either Aluko or Baldock whoever performs the best in training and the friendlies.

@Carnero and @sage I would do anything drastic in releasing any youth players, just yet. If we sort out the hmrc and submit the accounts before the 18th August we will still have another couple of weeks to bring players in. 

I like the optimism and hope you are right because once again, whatever combination of the trialists and out of contract players we choose, we will have relatively little pace & power.

If we can only add 4 until Jan we look in real trouble. Having said that, necessity is the mother of invention and this limitation will likely force something unexpected out of the squad.

Jags, Mengi, Morrisson and one other striker we've not yet been linked with please. I will change my mind again soon no doubt. What a saga!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do injured players count to the 23 players of professional standing? Say a player is out for the full season, surely they can't use 1 of the slots?

If Bielik is out until Jan or say Knight's injury keeps him out until Jan, then surely a 6month loan until Jan which is all we're allowed under the embargo anyway will fill their space until they're back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Do injured players count to the 23 players of professional standing? Say a player is out for the full season, surely they can't use 1 of the slots?

If Bielik is out until Jan or say Knight's injury keeps him out until Jan, then surely a 6month loan until Jan which is all we're allowed under the embargo anyway will fill their space until they're back?

Someone may need to correct me here, but if it's like the Prem, you have to name a squad, which then can be changed in January for the second half of the season. Could just be a Premier League thing though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Someone may need to correct me here, but if it's like the Prem, you have to name a squad, which then can be changed in January for the second half of the season. Could just be a Premier League thing though.

I would think that is a Prem only thing as surely this wouldn't be an issue now as we just wouldn't register the youngsters?

I do wonder what would've happened if we had say 30 actual players of professional standing then had this emabrgo limiting it to 23, would we just have to leave 7 players out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I would think that is a Prem only thing as surely this wouldn't be an issue now as we just wouldn't register the youngsters?

I do wonder what would've happened if we had say 30 actual players of professional standing then had this emabrgo limiting it to 23, would we just have to leave 7 players out?

True. Don't think it would work like that, think it's a minimum of 23, so we have 30 it would be a case of we can't sign anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would think that is a Prem only thing as surely this wouldn't be an issue now as we just wouldn't register the youngsters?

I do wonder what would've happened if we had say 30 actual players of professional standing then had this emabrgo limiting it to 23, would we just have to leave 7 players out?

We would keep what we had but able to add anymore. The ruling is they accept you need a minimum of 23 to compete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We all agreed on 4 initially, and then it seemed odd the reports said 5. I think Davies is a massive risk after last season's injury. But he is a tremendous man and maybe that's what we need. When he was named on the bench for the Wednesday relegation decider I couldn't believe it, and apparently he had to sign a disclaimer to play as it was against medical advice. But still a massive risk.

I really like Jagielka and would snap him up despite his age. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We all agreed on 4 initially, and then it seemed odd the reports said 5. I think Davies is a massive risk after last season's injury. But he is a tremendous man and maybe that's what we need. When he was named on the bench for the Wednesday relegation decider I couldn't believe it, and apparently he had to sign a disclaimer to play as it was against medical advice. But still a massive risk.

I really like Jagielka and would snap him up despite his age. 

I think all the defenders are a risk Davies Mengi and Wisdom all had bad injuries last season Jagielkas age etc id take Jag and Davies for experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Do injured players count to the 23 players of professional standing? Say a player is out for the full season, surely they can't use 1 of the slots?

If Bielik is out until Jan or say Knight's injury keeps him out until Jan, then surely a 6month loan until Jan which is all we're allowed under the embargo anyway will fill their space until they're back?

seems very unfair, as usual the EFL spend 5 seconds in writing a rule without considering the fallout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WWRD (what would Rooney do)? The current squad...

GK: Roos, Marshall

RB: Byrne, McDonald, Bardell

CB: Cashin, JBrown, Solomon

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth, Williams

CM1: Bird, Bielik, LThompson

CM2: Shinnie, Knight, Dixon

AM: Watson, Hutchinson

RW: Jozwiak, Sibley

LW: Lawrence, Ebosele, Wilson

CF: Kazim, Stretton

 

There's arguably enough quality in the squad with 2 players in 7 of the 11 positions. CB (x2), AM, and possibly CF being the exceptions.

No matter which CBs we choose, we'd be taking a risk to go into the season with just 2 of them, so 3 is necessary.

#4 will then be between AM and CF. The versatility of Knight, Sibley, Lawrence and Jozwiak means that we should sign a CF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.