It's not 5 it's 4! Choose again.

RoyMac5

So it seems we're still bringing in new players on trial (Carroll today?) - Do we think this means the current bunch aren't cutting it? Or that Rooney/The Club is anticipating being able to bring more than 4 in before transfer deadline day?

1. Jagielka

2. Davies or Wisdom (depending on Davies injury details)

3. Mengi

4. Baldock

The amount of people on here willing to take a gamble on Morrison based of one pre-season game is alarming, especially when we have no CB's and 4 is usually a minimum requirement for a squad, we will be lucky to get 3. We also currently only have 1 immobile striker which will massively limit our attacking play.

It looks like we'll be giving Morrison a contract though, typical Derby. Rooney seems to have fallen for his ability in training like so many other managers have. Hope I'm wrong and he's amazing but It's not worth the risk. 

38 minutes ago, Spanish said:

January?

that's along way away, so many ifs

just thinking if we signed the four now would we then be able to add anyone else in January. That way we've only got to get Jagielka/Davies/CKR to manage for 6 months on their own instead of whole season. 

12 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

just thinking if we signed the four now would we then be able to add anyone else in January. That way we've only got to get Jagielka/Davies/CKR to manage for 6 months on their own instead of whole season. 

will there be a new owner?

22 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

We're still under embargo because the EFL want us to submit more financial statements from previous years. So if we submit them by January and everything is ok we shouldn't be under embargo anymore, I think.

Just now, DCFClks said:

We're still under embargo because the EFL want us to submit more financial statements from previous years. So if we submit them by January and everything is ok we shouldn't be under embargo anymore, I think.

We've got to resubmit them by 18th August 2021.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

So it seems we're still bringing in new players on trial (Carroll today?) - Do we think this means the current bunch aren't cutting it? Or that Rooney/The Club is anticipating being able to bring more than 4 in before transfer deadline day?

We of course could lose one or two if we accept offers or requests for loans for example Hutchinson etc 

12 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

So hopefully the EFL will have checked them and signed them off by January. Though I'm sure the EFL would have no problem taking their time and delaying it as long as possible?

I don't see that, if we submit them don't we come out straight away? @Ghost of Cloughany idea?