It's not 5 it's 4! Choose again.

RoyMac5

DET: So how many new faces can Rooney add to the squad as things stand and given the criteria of 'professional standing'.

It has been reported the figure could be up to five players, under the restrictions explained above, but given the criteria it appears to be four as things stand.

From the DET link:

GOALKEEPERS

Kelle Roos, David Marshall

DEFENDERS

Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Lee Buchanan, Kornell McDonald, Festy Ebosele

MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Shinnie, Jason Knight, Krystian Bielik, Max Bird, Louie Watson, Issac Hutchinson, Louie Sibley, Jordan Brown

FORWARDS:

Colin Kazim-Richards, Tom Lawerence, Kamil Jozwiak, Jack Stretton

Has anyone clarified the rules on long-term injuries? Seems odd to count Bielik. Maybe that's why some are saying five rather than four (he said, hopefully).

Hard decisions to be made on Brown, Hutchinson, even Watson. Are we going to try to survive the season (in which case experienced players would contribute more)? Or are we planning for a future, and betting that these players would a) stay with us in League One, and b) make a difference at that sort of level?

Not sure the EFL rules make a great deal of sense, even as a punishment. They are ultimately punishing not just the club but more specifically a bunch of young, inexpensive players who are neither causing nor contributing to the financial mess.

Surely would make more sense to say "no more than 23 players on more than x salary", where x is either a raw number, or a percentage of average championship wage, or something like that. 

Edited by vonwright

51 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Davies, Jagielka, Wisdom, Morrison.

It's Jack Stretton's season to shine.

Looks to release or find clubs for Hutchinson, J.Brown, Watson.

5 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

You'd get rid of Louie Watson?! ?‍♂️

First of all you can’t ‘get rid’ of anyone. Second of all you can’t just release players who are under contract. There is such a thing as a contract so unless the player agrees to a mutually agreeable pay off or another club actually wants them and they agree to leave they won’t be going anywhere.

I actually can’t believe that people think the solution is to ‘get rid’ of young players without considering the legalities of that let alone the logistics of it.

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yep, I'm afraid we need to release some of the youngsters who look unlikely to make it. Sad as some may be late developers, but essential.

Sad but true.

I would imagine we would let Hutchinson go on a free to let us sign a more experienced player in a position we need one.

2 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

First of all you can’t ‘get rid’ of anyone. Second of all you can’t just release players who are under contract. There is such a thing as a contract so unless the player agrees to a mutually agreeable pay off or another club actually wants them and they agree to leave they won’t be going anywhere.

I actually can’t believe that people think the solution is to ‘get rid’ of young players without considering the legalities of that let alone the logistics of it.

If we find a club for them then of course they can move on a free transfer.

Stop being so pedantic. 

8 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Has anyone clarified the rules on long-term injuries? Seems odd to count Bielik. Maybe that's why some are saying five rather than four (he said, hopefully).

Hard decisions to be made on Brown, Hutchinson, even Watson. Are we going to try to survive the season (in which case experienced players would contribute more)? Or are we planning for a future, and betting that these players would a) stay with us in League One, and b) make a difference at that sort of level?

Not sure the EFL rules make a great deal of sense, even as a punishment. They are ultimately punishing not just the club but more specifically a bunch of young, inexpensive players who are neither causing nor contributing to the financial mess.

Surely would make more sense to say "no more than 23 players on more than x salary", where x is either a raw number, or a percentage of average championship wage, or something like that. 

In our situation, it really wouldn't make sense to register him before January.

Therefore, let's all get back to Pick Your 5 threat!

Everyone rightly saying we need centre backs and forwards but we don't have a competent attacking midfield player to put in a three. 

We need goals from midfield as well as attack. 

I echo the calls for Stretton to be given a chance but we still need two more firepower up front. 

I think the list of 19 looks incredibly weak and if we can, we should offload three or four to bring in fresh players. 

Release a couple of the kids .. let them carry on training with us 

bit of cash in hand to tie them over and a promise to make up the difference when things are sorted 

easeh lol

ok joking aside 

this is all a massive worry 

suggests so much that we’re scraping the barrel for loans and freebies implying we’re miles away from any sort of takeover or submitting of accounts 

I’m very fearful and I won’t lie I’m starting to really lose patience with Mel and co 

This is like a slow death of the club we all love 

Edited by NottsRam77