The position with HMRC

Carl Sagan

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I almost agree. Not being able to pay up in respect of our transfer obligations is worse in my book.  I understand it is alleged that we are outstanding on fees due to Peterborough, and perhaps others.

I thought we had paid that bit?

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I almost agree. Not being able to pay up in respect of our transfer obligations is worse in my book.  I understand it is alleged that we are outstanding on fees due to Peterborough, and perhaps others.

That probably explains Marriott of to Wednesday when we had one 36 year old striker.  Probably also explains the new contract offer - 500 k sale to clear add ons.  Thanks to the EFL they got him back for free and we owe them money -fab.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That probably explains Marriott of to Wednesday when we had one 36 year old striker.  Probably also explains the new contract offer - 500 k sale to clear add ons.  Thanks to the EFL they got him back for free and we owe them money -fab.

was it possible that the 1 year extension was denied because we still owed them money though?

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm totally digusted and dismayed that on a football forum there appears to be an absolute lack of understanding of basic tax and accounting practices. 

Appalled from Thames Ditton.

I had an issue with the numbers as I only have 10 toes, but I called a work colleague from Nottingham for help as he has a lot more than 10 toes

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Actually, the profit is the sale price less the original cost + any enhancement expenditure. Value in the accounts doesn't come into it.

You’re absolutely wrong! The asset value on the balance sheet is absolutely what you use to determine the profit on the transaction. How you determine the asset value would include the costs you state less any depreciation or impairment. 

22 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

You’re absolutely wrong! The asset value on the balance sheet is absolutely what you use to determine the profit on the transaction. How you determine the asset value would include the costs you state less any depreciation or impairment. 

? righto mate. Not for tax purposes.

Taxable profit = proceeds minus costs.

33 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Accounting profit would be sale proceeds less carrying value (which would be original cost or valuation plus improvements, less any amortisation or impairment).

Taxable profit would be sale proceeds less original cost.

Accounting profit was circa £40m.

Taxable profit was circa £55m.

Both from memory.

9 hours ago, Carnero said:

It's all moot anyway as I don't believe there is any corporation tax to pay when it is an intra-group transfer.

Yes. Unless the lenders to the stadium co required their special purpose borrower to stay out of the tax group   Which they would have done if they had thought about it 

Edited by kevinhectoring