Everton Player suspended due to police investigation

Gaspode

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Good of the newspapers to commit to not naming names before embarking on a Guess Who style crusade of clues that eventually narrows it down to two people, then saying “well it isn’t one of them two people.”

It's a pretty pathetic statement by Everton to say. a 31-year old member of their squad.

Why on earth did they have to specific the age.

If I am Fabian Delph now, I'm royally pished off and by the club stating its not Delph, this only leaves one other player who it could be.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

It's a pretty pathetic statement by Everton to say. a 31-year old member of their squad.

If I am Fabian Delph now, I'm royally pished off and by the club stating its not Delph, this only leaves one other player who it could be.

Everton only said a first team player had been suspended. It is the media who have been playing Guess Who without actually naming them to the point it can now only be one player

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Initially there was a report that a 31 year old PL player had been arrested - Everton (no doubt following pressure from the media who will know full well who is involved) then released a statement that a member of their 1st team squad was 'helping the police with their inquires'.

I don't believe Everton did anything wrong or could really do anything else as the story developed....people on Twitter looked at their squad list and came to the conclusion it was one of two 31 year old players involved....if you want to get angry, blame the twitterati for their speculation....

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Initially there was a report that a 31 year old PL player had been arrested - Everton (no doubt following pressure from the media who will know full well who is involved) then released a statement that a member of their 1st team squad was 'helping the police with their inquires'.

I don't believe Everton did anything wrong or could really do anything else as the story developed....people on Twitter looked at their squad list and came to the conclusion it was one of two 31 year old players involved....if you want to get angry, blame the twitterati for their speculation....

Sorry - you're right.

The police said 31-year old and then Everton said it was one of their players.

And then they said it wasn't Delph!

Bit silly... It's like playing guess who and there is only one card left.

8 hours ago, nottingram said:

Good of the newspapers to commit to not naming names before embarking on a Guess Who style crusade of clues that eventually narrows it down to two people, then saying “well it isn’t one of them two people.”

Reminds me of this